Sony 4K TV reports native resolution as 1080

Hi,

My Sony KD-65XD9305 reports its native resolution to Windows as 1080.

My setup is HTPC with GTX1050ti connected with highspeed HDMI to Pioneer VSX 1131. This is then connected with another highspeed hdmi to my TV. However, Windows display settings and Nvidia settings report native recommended resolution to be 1080. I can choose 3840x2160, and my setup works, but I wonder why it doesn't recognise 4k as native?

Also, if I bypass receiver and go straight from GPU to TV, 1080p is still reported as native.

I've included snaps of windows and nvidia display settings, my HTPC setup, and the Sony specifications.  

Thanks for any suggestions!

GPU.jpg

Windows.JPG

HTPC.JPG

manual.JPG

It's probably for compatibility reasons. I don't see a native resolution listed anywhere for your TV but as long as you can set the desired resolution it doesn't really matter.

My Build:https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/795406-mini-itx-build/   PSU TIER LIST

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits." - Albert Einstein

"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster." - Issac Asimov

"Headward, free now to rise." - Principal Vagina