Laptop keyboard's bananas

Greetings, a few days ago a friend of mine asked me if I could take a look into his laptop's keyboard, a Toshiba Satellite L50 - B - 2FT , because apparently the keys weren't working, and so I went to check it out and it was true, they weren't, most of'em anyway, some of these keys are fine like:

• Windows key
  • ALT GR
  • SELECT
  • Right CTRL
  • Arrows
  • Num Enter
  • Num Slash
  • Home
  • End
  • Page Up
  • Page Down
  • FN
  • DEL
  • INS

All the other keys are assumed as being F7

I tried changing the windows language, keyboard's language and even system restore. None of these work. Screen keyboard works fine and is in the proper keyboard language and layout.

If anyone has any info on what might be causing this problem I'd be thankful to at least try a possible fix.

Thank you kindly. With the best of regards. Hyperimus

Hi @Hyperimus

The only time I've seen those issues (similar or exact same) was when I was doing hardware repairs onsite for Dell under warranty. Its usualy a defective keyboard, and 70% of the time its some sort of moisture that caused the issue (dropped coffee, water... "other")

This is also why I carried purel with me to clean my hands after keyboard replacements on home based end users laptops.

HAVE FUN!

||Intel i7-7770k | MSi Z270 Carbon Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | Corsair 400C & RM750 PSU + H100i||

||Creative SB Recon 3D Fatal1ty | Samsung Evo 850 500GB | Seagate 2TB | Lots of red LED fans |Corsair K70 Black | Razer Deathadder Chroma|| 

||Dell 27" U2713HM | ASUS VP239H | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Win 10 Pro | Portable gaming made possible with MSI GT70 2OC and a bag to dump in||

~~Assembled with love and care~~