BenQ XL2411 or AOC G2460PF

Gandalf_the_Gay

So, I have considered between the BenQ XL2411 and the AOC G2460PF.

I don't know which one to choose so maybe someone could help me choose!

i have xl2411 and its a good monitor, the colors are horrible out of the box tho you need to calibrate them or use a color profile

30 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Usually I avoid recommending the XL2411 since it doesn't have DisplayPort.

It won't really matter to me because I don't use/need its benefits.

Just now, Gandalf_the_Gay said:

It won't really matter to me because I don't use/need its benefits.

It just limits flexibility. Keep in mind you cannot use adapters to go to Dual-Link DVI, unless you want to spend $100 on it. Graphics cards are phasing out DVI ports, your future graphics card choices will be limited to only cards with DVI ports which will be less of a selection with each generation. If you buy a new graphics card without a DVI port you will not be able to run at 144 Hz. Also you won't be able to use it at 144 Hz with a laptop. And if you want a second monitor and want to get the same model so that they match, you won't be able to run it at 144 Hz unless your graphics card has two DVI ports.

22 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

It just limits flexibility. Keep in mind you cannot use adapters to go to Dual-Link DVI, unless you want to spend $100 on it. Graphics cards are phasing out DVI ports, your future graphics card choices will be limited to only cards with DVI ports which will be less of a selection with each generation. If you buy a new graphics card without a DVI port you will not be able to run at 144 Hz. Also you won't be able to use it at 144 Hz with a laptop. And if you want a second monitor and want to get the same model so that they match, you won't be able to run it at 144 Hz unless your graphics card has two DVI ports.

If it really is true then I'd rather buy the AOC monitor.