ET X-08 Wireless Mouse

MercuryRain

So, while I was looking around for a relatively cheap wireless mouse to use with my work laptop and for taking to LAN parties, I found this guy on Amazon: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AWGCPIG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I didn't really have to spend any money on it at all because I had Amazon Credit to blow.  So I figured 'why not? I never have the DPI on my ROCCAT Tyon or Razer Mamba set above like 2400 anyway'.

Well, if you look around anywhere but Amazon you will quickly find a couple people hailing this as a fantastic mouse for the money (which it is), or alternatively, the worst mouse ever made.

Why do they say this?

The mouse clicks.

This thing has what feels like rubber dampeners on the left and right mouse buttons - clicks are completely silent and it takes a while of using it to get used to the tactile feedback you do get from the switches.  It's a little disorienting at first, but after a few days of using it at home on my desktop and at work on my work laptop, I can honestly say I like this little mouse - It's surprisingly comfortable for anyone who is like me and constantly in that half-claw/half-palm position with your mouse hand, once you get used to the clicks it's actually very nice to have in an office environment.

The sensor feels...good? I am not a connosieur of mouse sensors by any means, but compared to the Tyon and the Mamba that I have, the only thing I really notice as far as the sensor goes is just that it simply isn't able to ramp its sensitivity up as high as the other two are - even with the DPI set at 2400 on both the X-08 and my Tyon, I noticed I had to turn windows cursor speed up in order to get the snappiness that I'm used to having with my mouse.

That being said, and as much as I love my Tyon, I could buy five of these for the price of one Tyon and I honestly think I would be fine.  As long as you give yourself the chance to get used to these left and right mouse buttons.  Seriously.  The silent clicks are super weird.