Antec S10 Custom Glass

Tithonius

Okay, for a long long time now ive been inlove with the look of the Antec S10 computer case, and I really like the Tempered glass version of the chassis, but this is where I run into a problem. I cannot find the chassis anywhere online for purchase in the tempered glass variant. So i decided to contact Antec support. After i reached out to them they got back to me with a simple one sentence email.

"We are sold out everywhere, and do not have plans to produce any more of that chassis"

Well... Okay, i mean that was up front and direct i guess, but i was still looking for a bit more. I want to get this chassis! So I did alot more research. It looks like i should be able to just get a regular version of the chassis with the aluminum side panels and change the aluminum out with some Glass myself. But this is where I run into another problem. I have never done glass myself, and I have never really done anything this drastic for case modding. This will be the first time that I have done anything in this realm of this passion.

I know for sure that I want to cut both of the left side panels out of glass, and I know that i want them to be a darker smoked glass because I will be using ALOT of RGB componnents and strips inside, and I am going to need the smoke to make it look as I want it  to. Both side panels are held on to the chassis by hinges, and as far as i can tell, this is going to make the task ALOT easier. All i have to do is remove the hinges off of the aluminum panels and attach them to the glass that is cut to the same size as the panels. The panels are held to the case with a magnetic strip, that i can just install to the inside of the glass panels after i get them cut.

So i guess i just need advice. I should be able to remove the hinges from the aluminum panels. cut copies out of glass. then attach the hinges back to the glass panel. To me it looks pretty straight forward, and it shouldnt be too complicated as far as i can tell. but as i have said I have never tried anything like this before. any advice? and ideas? I would love to get more imput on this mod and if its even feasable.

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

2 hours ago, Tithonius said:

Bump? Anyone have any input?

As long as you are able to take off the hinges from the original panel and use a glass section as a replacement without any issues with the extra thickness it should be doable. One concern is if you are getting this done it will not be cheap as it will have to have custom glass if you are looking at getting tempered glass, it will need to be cut and drilled for the mounting for the hinges and then tempered. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

As long as you are able to take off the hinges from the original panel and use a glass section as a replacement without any issues with the extra thickness it should be doable. One concern is if you are getting this done it will not be cheap as it will have to have custom glass if you are looking at getting tempered glass, it will need to be cut and drilled for the mounting for the hinges and then tempered. 

Yeah, but what i dont believe is that the case just dropped off the face of the planet. i cant find it ANYWHERE. ive looked overseas, ive looked on ebay, like it almost seems like the tempered glass ones dont even exist.. and it kinda sucks. 

and yeah, that was a thought i had for sure. ill have to get the hinges off the old side panels, which is something i just am not sure about since i dont have the chassis yet

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

3 minutes ago, Tithonius said:

Yeah, but what i dont believe is that the case just dropped off the face of the planet. i cant find it ANYWHERE. ive looked overseas, ive looked on ebay, like it almost seems like the tempered glass ones dont even exist.. and it kinda sucks. 

and yeah, that was a thought i had for sure. ill have to get the hinges off the old side panels, which is something i just am not sure about since i dont have the chassis yet

It looks to be the same method used for the glass panels where they bolt through the metal or glass and into a backing plate. 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9318/antec-reveals-the-signature-s10-premium-tower-case

S10%20Flyer%20FINAL.jpg

Just now, W-L said:

It looks to be the same method used for the glass panels where they bolt through the metal or glass and into a backing plate. 

Yeah but my worry is that I dont wanna damage the aluminum panels when i take the hinges off. i may have to drill out rivets is they are rivets.

but again, i would MUCH rather just buy one with tempered glass factory. but THEY DONT SEEM TO EXIST!?!

2 minutes ago, Tithonius said:

Yeah but my worry is that I dont wanna damage the aluminum panels when i take the hinges off. i may have to drill out rivets is they are rivets.

but again, i would MUCH rather just buy one with tempered glass factory. but THEY DONT SEEM TO EXIST!?!

Pretty sure they are just bolted, same as the glass panels wouldn't make sense to add more work than what is already and existing solution if it works for both. Other than seeing if you can get a hold on a unit someone else has or seeing if Antec has spare glass on hand they are willing to part with I don't think you'll be able to easily get the glass version. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Pretty sure they are just bolted, same as the glass panels wouldn't make sense to add more work than what is already and existing solution if it works for both. Other than seeing if you can get a hold on a unit someone else has or seeing if Antec has spare glass on hand they are willing to part with I don't think you'll be able to easily get the glass version. 

yeah im hoping your right about the bolts. and yeah, ive tried to get ahold of antec a couple times now, but they dont seem to be very willing to even respond at all. im gonna keep trying, but if all else fails, ill buy the aluminum side panel one before they go out of stock on newegg... hopefully

I've been researching the same question (finding the S10 in tempered glass) and honestly I wonder if they were just given to reviewers, never being made available to the public.  I think folks like HardwareCanucks and others reviewed this case in good faith, but it's really difficult to find any evidence that the tempered-glass version shipped to any retail market.  And honestly would those reviewers have spent so much time on an aluminum-only case?  You can find evidence that there was a special product number (S10T or similar) but not much more.