Sometimes I get a blank screen

First of all hello to everyone, this is my first post although I've been subscribed to Linus for years.

As the title says, sometimes when I turn on my PC I just get, well, nothing. It looks like everything is running, the BIOS makes that little beep, but there's no picture.

This happens maybe once every two weeks. When it happens I just press that I/O button on my PSU a couple of times, and it boots normally.

You can say I've found a solution, but I don't know what is causing it. If something is failing, it would be better to know what it is.

GPU, PSU, bad voltage? I'm lost guys.

PC specs are:

ASUS M5A78L-M

AMD FX-4320

AMD R7 360

Kingston 2x4GB DDR3 RAM

Hitachi HDD 500GB

LC Power 500W

Running on updated Win10

Also, I noticed some time ago that my speakers are making a low humming noise. You can't really hear it unless you put your ear on the speaker, but it's still weird.

Most speakers will make a bit of humming in idle, so that's not really weird. If it gets loud that could be a potential issue with connection to ground. Are you using an extension cord?

What version of BIOS are you using? I'd try updating and checking if the problem persists then.

4 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

Most speakers will make a bit of humming in idle, so that's not really weird. If it gets loud that could be a potential issue with connection to ground. Are you using an extension cord?

What version of BIOS are you using? I'd try updating and checking if the problem persists then.

Yeah, using and extension cord, but it's grounded. Speakers however are not, it's just a simple little plug.

AIDA64 says BIOS version is 1201, don't really know what that means.

I could update it I guess, but the problem is this blank screen issue can happen again tomorrow or in 3 weeks, we can't really know immediately if it's fixed.

12 minutes ago, Fuse018 said:

I could update it I guess, but the problem is this blank screen issue can happen again tomorrow or in 3 weeks, we can't really know immediately if it's fixed.

That's true for every possible solution to your problem out there, You have the latest version though so you have nothing to update to anyway.

1 minute ago, Verrierr said:

That's true for every possible solution to your problem out there, You have the latest version though so you have nothing to update to anyway.

Yeah, you're right. Had a tough day so I'm not thinking straight.

Thanks for the BIOS info anyway.