Blue LED strip (as cheap as possible)

I want some blue LED strip

• Canadian Dollars, as cheap as possible (though I would pay little more just for some extra quality)
  • Color: blue (obviously). Multi color is nice but I will have no use in other color. 
  • Length: around 2m to connect from the power source. I have a 21.5" (16:9) monitor (spec wise it's 513mm wide so the stip itself should be around that size too, I want kind of underglow to my monitor)
  • Preferably to the power outlet not via PC molex
  • Bonus if it can be turned on and off so that I can sleep in peace (don't want to unplug the cable just for that)
  • Another bonus if it's a local store where I can pick up (Toronto area)

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

Are you willing to wait for it to come from china? dirt-cheap Blue LED strips can be found from china.

On a scale from not at all to 80+% in the first year, how likely are those to fail and burn your house down when they do?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

Are you willing to wait for it to come from china? dirt-cheap Blue LED strips can be found from china.

If the shipping isn't ridiculously high

And if I can trust Made In China stuff that has no warranty, no reviews 

(There is an app called Geek I have on Android that sells that kind of cheap stuff but I am skeptical about them)

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

On a scale from not at all to 80+% in the first year, how likely are those to fail and burn your house down when they do?

My RX 480 Red Dragon is doing a perfect simulation of that

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

My RX 480 Red Dragon is doing a perfect simulation of that

Whatever led strip you get, try to get something better than the little sticky they have on them. When i got mine from amazon the sticky thing came off with the thing protecting it. Not only that but a few days later the led strips came off. 

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

11 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I want some blue LED strip

• Canadian Dollars, as cheap as possible (though I would pay little more just for some extra quality)
  • Color: blue (obviously). Multi color is nice but I will have no use in other color. 
  • Length: around 2m to connect from the power source. I have a 21.5" (16:9) monitor (spec wise it's 513mm wide so the stip itself should be around that size too, I want kind of underglow to my monitor)
  • Preferably to the power outlet not via PC molex
  • Bonus if it can be turned on and off so that I can sleep in peace (don't want to unplug the cable just for that)
  • Another bonus if it's a local store where I can pick up (Toronto area)

I love how this was posted after i said i would put blue led's on my pc whenever i got it and send you a pic in priv. msg lol

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

@CUDA_Cores Anything less sketchy with at least reviews on aliexpress and that doesn't require much work? 

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

@CUDA_Cores Anything less sketchy with at least reviews on aliexpress and that doesn't require much work? 

how's this(and a 5v to molex adaptor)? 60 yuan, although i'm not too sure of weight and shipping cost.

https://world.taobao.com/item/524143344213.htm?fromSite=main&ali_refid=a3_430620_1006:1122006753:N:5050led灯带:66c38ba408f68b66572927676a0d47e7&ali_trackid=1_66c38ba408f68b66572927676a0d47e7&spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.KSYRO6

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Can you screenshot it or smt. it leads to a chinese page asking to login. im on phone btw

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Can you screenshot it or smt. it leads to a chinese page asking to login. im on phone btw

sure

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

sure

SNIP

I thinl I will look at Ali express. Hoped people would link some amazon or smt. Guess I will go with Chinese stuff

Taobao is cool but i don't understand anything so I would rather do something without needing of Google Translate 

If what @CUDA_Cores Said is true I shouldn't worry with it being dead anytime soon

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

I thinl I will look at Ali express. Hoped people would link some amazon or smt. Guess I will go with Chinese stuff

Taobao is cool but i don't understand anything so I would rather do something without needing of Google Translate 

If what @CUDA_Cores Said is true I shouldn't worry with it being dead anytime soon

@CUDA_Cores is probably saying the truth, the deepcool rgb kit i had had the exact same remote and RGB controller as the random china ones, just that mine came with the molex adaptor and the remote had a deepcool logo.

well if you're gonna buy something from taobao i guess you can try asking me, i got B for chinese national exams(and fail for everything else :P)

4 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

I buy from aliexpress all the time. As long as your seller has okay feedback score (the one I linked does) you will be fine. Keep in mind you are going to have to solder on molex connectors with these. There's a reason they are so cheap.

I might have figured a way to solder to the monitor itself though I have no equipment at home to do so. Thanks

4 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

@CUDA_Cores is probably saying the truth, the deepcool rgb kit i had had the exact same remote and RGB controller as the random china ones, just that mine came with the molex adaptor and the remote had a deepcool logo.

well if you're gonna buy something from taobao i guess you can try asking me, i got B for chinese national exams(and fail for everything else :P)

Wow a B in Chinese...  Man I heard it was hard. 

8 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Wow a B in Chinese...  Man I heard it was hard. 

if i can believe my math tutor, our singapore-cambridge o-levels are much harder than IGCSE(even though o-levels are generally easier than our school exams). apparently he claims that if you get As in IGCSE you'll probably end up flunking ours.