IPS Image Retention?

iamdarkyoshi

My Asus GL551 has a 1080p IPS display. On top of having poor response time (rather silly for gaming IMO) it seems to retain the chrome URL bar when I shut it down, I can see it on the light blue windows shutting down thing. I have a dark theme on chrome, so the URL bar is white and its surrounded by dark grey.

Do IPS displays suffer from permanent burn in like OLEDS, or does it go away completely after a while?

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

My Asus GL551 has a 1080p IPS display. On top of having poor response time (rather silly for gaming IMO) it seems to retain the chrome URL bar when I shut it down, I can see it on the light blue windows shutting down thing. I have a dark theme on chrome, so the URL bar is white and its surrounded by dark grey.

Do IPS displays suffer from permanent burn in like OLEDS, or does it go away completely after a while?

LCDs don't suffer from permanent burn-in, you can sometimes get image retention issues but they go away. You can try using some LCD conditioning programs to get rid of it if you like.