Upgrading my ram! Give me some recommendations :)

Hey LTT community I have a ram question for you guys.

I have been looking into upgrading some core components on my system and had a look at the prices of DDR3 ram modules here in New Zealand and noticed they are quite cheap...

I am currently running a 4gb stick of corsair DDR3 1886mhz and 3 x 2gb sticks of Kingston HyperX DDR3 at 1333mhz (obviously the corsair stick is running at a slower rate due to the other sticks) for a total of 10gb

My price point would be around the $120- $150NZD range.

Any particular brands to stay away from? I have an overclocked i7-930 @ 4.1ghz so my memory multiplier is at 8 in the BIOS which is at around 1590mhz (any overclocking higher I get memory management BSOD's hence the upgrade :) 
Thanks Guys!

4 minutes ago, Liquid0cel0t said:

Hey LTT community I have a ram question for you guys.

I have been looking into upgrading some core components on my system and had a look at the prices of DDR3 ram modules here in New Zealand and noticed they are quite cheap...

I am currently running a 4gb stick of corsair DDR3 1886mhz and 3 x 2gb sticks of Kingston HyperX DDR3 at 1333mhz (obviously the corsair stick is running at a slower rate due to the other sticks) for a total of 10gb

My price point would be around the $120- $150NZD range.

Any particular brands to stay away from? I have an overclocked i7-930 @ 4.1ghz so my memory multiplier is at 8 in the BIOS which is at around 1590mhz (any overclocking higher I get memory management BSOD's hence the upgrade :) 
Thanks Guys!

Ram is ram, as long as you get something from one of the reputable brands your good to go.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

yep what he said. It's more a color choice than anything else, only gets interesting when talking about ECC memory, which is not the case here. keep rocking!

16 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

yep what he said. It's more a color choice than anything else, only gets interesting when talking about ECC memory, which is not the case here. keep rocking!

No worries i have a rgb rog strix 1060 which shines pink and some blue led fans so might just  keep it blue in terms of color lol :P 

HyperX Fury is some good ram, used them in my past 4 builds in the last 3 years and not a problem.

【=◈︿◈=】

\\ CPU i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz(1.26v) \\ GPU | 1070 FE 8GB  // Audio FiiO E10k / AT M50X //

\\ Monitor | LG 29UM69G-B \\ Phone LG G6 H870DS // Nintendo Switch //

3 minutes ago, Liquid0cel0t said:

No worries i have a rgb rog strix 1060 which shines pink and some blue led fans so might just  keep it blue in terms of color lol :P 

pink and blue allready in there, you have to go with a green, a red, a yellow and a black&white stick then! Should have been obvious though... 

1 hour ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

pink and blue allready in there, you have to go with a green, a red, a yellow and a black&white stick then! Should have been obvious though... 

Ahhh like these :D G.skill-RGB-RAM-1-800x566.jpg.pagespeed.