Lag During Initial Game Load

evensstevens

I'm having a issue where my computer will lag extremely bad when loading into games whether it's league of legends or battlefield. Everything slows down and my friends that I am on discord with will sound like a robot and they say I do too. I monitor my computer but don't see any reasons.

2 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

Not gonna list your specs?

Sorry. It is in profile

1 minute ago, evensstevens said:

Sorry. It is in profile

1.) Do a malware scan https://www.malwarebytes.com/

2.) Your current anti-virus could be the problem (resource intensive)

3.) Turn off background programs

4.) Put games on the SSD if it already isn't

19 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

1.) Do a malware scan https://www.malwarebytes.com/

2.) Your current anti-virus could be the problem (resource intensive)

3.) Turn off background programs

4.) Put games on the SSD if it already isn't

I will look at the malware stuff. To be more specific. I have my OS on a 120gb SSD, games on a 256gb SSD, and anything else on the 1tb HD

I have done multiple scans with my antivirus, as well as the antimalware with no detections.

43 minutes ago, evensstevens said:

I have done multiple scans with my antivirus, as well as the antimalware with no detections.

What antivirus do you have

52 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

What antivirus do you have

It's from Charter spectrum security suite

1 hour ago, evensstevens said:

It's from Charter spectrum security suite

lol gross. 

Uninstall that shit and install bitdefender free edition

When you're loading games, if you open task manager do you notice anything spike to 100%? Be it CPU or Disk. If so, sort it by that column and see what is using it all

CPU: AMD 7800X3D  | GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 Advanced | RAM: 32GB 6000MHz CL30 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F

PSU: Corsair RX750 | OS: Windows 11 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches) 

On 12/6/2016 at 9:03 PM, Mornincupofhate said:

lol gross. 

Uninstall that shit and install bitdefender free edition

Is it really that bad? Can you sell me on why that is better?

11 hours ago, Flobberknock said:

When you're loading games, if you open task manager do you notice anything spike to 100%? Be it CPU or Disk. If so, sort it by that column and see what is using it all

I just did this. My CPU% went up to 99% and my memory went up to 50%. >_<

4 hours ago, evensstevens said:

I just did this. My CPU% went up to 99% and my memory went up to 50%. >_<

Ohhh....cliffhanger...so what is using those resources?

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset 

4 hours ago, Spudbilly said:

Ohhh....cliffhanger...so what is using those resources?

Google Chrome and Battlefield. I'm surprised my 4790k is bottlenecking so much.

56 minutes ago, evensstevens said:

If you go to the "Performance" Tab, can you see if the "Speed" section stays the same, and also tell us what it is?

I'm trying to work out if your CPU is throttling for some reason

CPU: AMD 7800X3D  | GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 Advanced | RAM: 32GB 6000MHz CL30 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F

PSU: Corsair RX750 | OS: Windows 11 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches) 

4 hours ago, evensstevens said:

The fact that it is a 4790k is not the issue. If the cpu is throttling....then it is a cpu temperature issue, or not enough ram, or HDD that has kicked the can, or some virus or crap like that, or Windows problem. 

Check temps are OK

Run crystal disk and make sure you are getting good HDD performance

Check how much ram is being used when using battlefield and chrome tabs together. 

If all is OK...then the problem solving gets a little more complicated 

Please report back with answers to those three questions of mine 

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset 

20 hours ago, evensstevens said:

Your internet provider's job is to supply you with internet, not make anti-malware.

The people at bitdefender focus on two things: Making anti-viruses, and updating the malware signatures

There's a good chance your crappy AV is running scans during your games and maxing out both your CPU and hard drive bandwidth.

Bitdefender is optimized to not run scans when you're doing games and other prioritizing stuff.

Edit: Bitdefender is also silent. Most of the times I forget it's even there because it doesn't have annoying popups, and it chooses the best time to update. Automatically.

10 hours ago, Flobberknock said:

If you go to the "Performance" Tab, can you see if the "Speed" section stays the same, and also tell us what it is?

I'm trying to work out if your CPU is throttling for some reason

When loading into the game my CPU goes to 100% and my game SSD goes to 30%. Once game loads the CPU hovers around 60-80% while I play and the SSD goes down to 0%.

7 hours ago, Spudbilly said:

The fact that it is a 4790k is not the issue. If the cpu is throttling....then it is a cpu temperature issue, or not enough ram, or HDD that has kicked the can, or some virus or crap like that, or Windows problem. 

Check temps are OK

Run crystal disk and make sure you are getting good HDD performance

Check how much ram is being used when using battlefield and chrome tabs together. 

If all is OK...then the problem solving gets a little more complicated 

Please report back with answers to those three questions of mine 

The highest my CPU got to was 65*, same for my GPU. I have a Corsair H100i GTX CPU cooler

ChrystalDisk said game SSD was 100%, my operating system SSD was 85% and my data hdd was unknown.

While game is on and stream on i have a little under 9gb out of 16gb being used.

Nothing Open1.PNG

Nothing Open2.PNG

GameANDstreamInBackground.PNG

CPU Temp.PNG

Memory Usuage.PNG

GameSSD.jpg

19 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

Your internet provider's job is to supply you with internet, not make anti-malware.

The people at bitdefender focus on two things: Making anti-viruses, and updating the malware signatures

There's a good chance your crappy AV is running scans during your games and maxing out both your CPU and hard drive bandwidth.

Bitdefender is optimized to not run scans when you're doing games and other prioritizing stuff.

Edit: Bitdefender is also silent. Most of the times I forget it's even there because it doesn't have annoying popups, and it chooses the best time to update. Automatically.

But it protects at all times, and the free version is good enough?

6 minutes ago, evensstevens said:

It's always running, it's always scanning, and it's always automatically updating itself. It's cpu usage is also extremely low.

The free version == most paid antiviruses out there today.

2 hours ago, evensstevens said:

Everything seems fine to me. Maybe it is the Antivirus software. What is your internet connection speed with your provider? Try the bitdefender free version

13 hours ago, evensstevens said:

Nothing Open2.PNG

Can we get a screenshot of this whilst the game is loading?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2016 at 7:50 AM, Flobberknock said:

Can we get a screenshot of this whilst the game is loading?

Sorry it is taking so long. I will try as soon as I can