RX 470 or GTX 960M??

Go to solution Solved by arkam,

3 minutes ago, Gilly15 said:

The laptop you chose is a decent gaming laptop. I was just responding to title of the thread "RX 470 vs GTX 960M"

Yup i just wanted to know the performace gap between the both, as i have a RX470 in my pc and my brother is planning to buy the laptop. Thanks for you help anyways! :)

Which graphics card will perform better the RX470 or the notebook graphic card GTX960M. Is there any comparison between those? I was planning to buy an msi gaming laptop so will it be worth it if it has a 960M?? 

The desktop RX 470 is more powerful, but the GTX 960M is in a notebook which means that you can game anywhere you go. I suggest you go with the MSI gaming laptop. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

Desktop graphics card usually perform better than their notebook counterparts. RX 470 should perform better than GTX 960M. Since you are choosing for gaming choose AMD as it has better DirectX 12 & Vulkan performance as of now. Since you going to spend $180 I suggest you to choose RX 480, for $20 more it is a steal.

Comparison

a 270 beats the 960m , and that Card is on par w/ the rx 460 so , yea

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Desktop graphics card usually perform better than their notebook counterparts. RX 470 should perform better than GTX 960M. Since you are choosing for gaming choose AMD as it has better DirectX 12 & Vulkan performance as of now. Since you going to spend $180 I suggest you to choose RX 480, for $20 more it is a steal.

Comparison

OP says he plans on get a laptop, which in this case, the GTX 960M is the right choice.

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 

11 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

OP says he plans on get a laptop, which in this case, the GTX 960M is the right choice.

If he wants a laptop, then he should choose one with a desktop GPU in it (RX 470 in this case).

11 minutes ago, Gilly15 said:

If he wants a laptop, then he should choose one with a desktop GPU in it (RX 470 in this case).

There is no such thing as a laptop with an RX 470. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

Just now, Freezanator said:

There is no such thing as a laptop with an RX 470. :) 

Yeah, that's what. Never heard. Maybe he has somthing to tell we don't know about. :P

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

The laptop you chose is a decent gaming laptop. I was just responding to title of the thread "RX 470 vs GTX 960M"

Yup i just wanted to know the performace gap between the both, as i have a RX470 in my pc and my brother is planning to buy the laptop. Thanks for you help anyways! :)