Cant find 144hz refresh rate?

iNoa97
Go to solution Solved by pcshme33,

What cable are you using for your monitor? 

So I just got my new MG248Q monitor here(https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/MG248Q/) and I go to the menu and in the bottem right it says 1080p 60hz. And this is my first 144hz monitor so I didn't know how to set the refresh rate. I watch a video, go to advanced display settings, display adapter properties, monitor, and on the dropdown menu theres only 60hz. I checked again to make sure I was on the right monitor (I have 2) and I did and it still won't show up. I checked the monitor menu for any tool to change it but there was none. Any Ideas?

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

1 hour ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

What cable are you using for your monitor? 

I just realized I forgot to put that and I think thats the problem I'm using HDMI to HDMI

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

Just now, iNoa97 said:

I just realized I forgot to put that and I think thats the problem I'm using HDMI to HDMI

Doesn't work with hdmi. Use a display port or DVI cable and you should get that 144hz.

1 hour ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

Doesn't work with hdmi. Use a display port or DVI cable and you should get that 144hz.

yup thanks!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

7 minutes ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

DVI Dual Link to be correct