Case and screen protector for a galaxy s7

Manchineel

So I thought it would be pretty straight forward to buy these things but when I looked for a screen protector I found way more things than I thought I would. The one they sell at the verizon store is supposed to be crap so I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a screen protector for the S7. also I was going to get the otterbox commuter case, is this case a good value or what are some good alternatives?

For a screen protector, I would recommend Xtremeguard's tempered glass. They're frequently on sale with 90% off coupons down to $1-3 and they're pretty good. They're not phantom glass, but I've been happily using one for the past three years. Note that tempered glass protectors can cause compatibility issues with some cases. (The current coupon code for 90% off is OLYMPIC90) http://www.xtremeguard.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Screen-Protector-p/galaxy_s7_screen_protector.htm

As for the case, I've heard otterbox isn't all that great -- low build quality and overpriced. Spigen has some nice cases. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

5 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

For a screen protector, I would recommend Xtremeguard's tempered glass. They're frequently on sale with 90% off coupons down to $1-3 and they're pretty good. They're not phantom glass, but I've been happily using one for the past three years. Note that tempered glass protectors can cause compatibility issues with some cases. (The current coupon code for 90% off is OLYMPIC90) http://www.xtremeguard.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Screen-Protector-p/galaxy_s7_screen_protector.htm

As for the case, I've heard otterbox isn't all that great -- low build quality and overpriced. Spigen has some nice cases. 

holy crap a tempered glass screen protector for $3. My dad payed $40 each for his and my phone's screen protectors.These are some Steam tier sales

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Just now, Railgun said:

holy crap a tempered glass screen protector for $3. My dad payed $40 each for his and my phone's screen protectors.These are some Steam tier sales

No, you just got ripped off. There are dozens of (reputable) sellers on eBay who ask like $5, I just prefer dealing with an actual company (plus the company is cheaper when there is a sale, which there basically always is).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

No, you just got ripped off. There are dozens of (reputable) sellers on eBay who ask like $5, I just prefer dealing with an actual company. 

Well I suppose it wouldn't be the first (or millionth) time Sprint has ripped anyone off

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Just now, Railgun said:

Well I suppose it wouldn't be the first (or millionth) time Sprint has ripped anyone off

All the phone companies overcharge for screen protectors. Although, I usually (used to, now I get my own tempered glass ones) get them to give me a free one when I get a phone. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Thanks for the advice, that screen protector sound a lot better than the $25 one verizon guy wanted me to buy. Is there anything to look out for with the compatibility of screen protector and case?