How to set up Adaptive Load Balancing?

Martin Ferenec

Hello!

My motherboard has dual LAN and I want to set up Adaptive Load Balancing on it so that I could have 2Gb/s link speed (Because I have a NAS that has Adaptive load balancing and is capable of 4GB/s speeds).

My motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5 WIFI (rev. 1.0)

LAN1: Intel I210 Gigabit Network Connection

LAN2: Intel Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V

Spoiler

I don't know how can these two LANs be different but it shows this. (See screenshot below:: Capture.JPG)

I use Windows 10 64-bit

Thank you for your help! :D

Capture.JPG

My computers: Link

Through your network and sharing settings, you should be ablet o access the change adapter settings. There you will find your ethernet devices and you should be able to bridge them.

Main: AMD Ryzen 1600x | Custom Loop | Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K5 | EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid | Corsair 400C | 32GB (4X8GB) Corsair Vengeance Black DDR4 | Seasonic X-650 PSU | Samsung 960 EVO 256GB | Intel 520 240GB | Seagate Firecuda 1TB SSHD | Windows 10 Pro | LG 25UM58-P | Asus VS247H-P | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Mouse | Corsair Strafe Keyboard

15 hours ago, laquine said:

Through your network and sharing settings, you should be ablet o access the change adapter settings. There you will find your ethernet devices and you should be able to bridge them.

Do I need to set up any LAG (Link Agregation) on my switch or is it "Plug&Play" system?

Because I already tried this and after bridging connections I do not have any acces to the internet (even my local devices [NAS, switch, router, printer,..])

My computers: Link

Windows 10 currently does not support NIC teaming/Link Aggregation. Not only that Windows best method possible for you for such a low connection count, 'Dynamic', won't give you 2Gbps point to point between devices.

Microsoft intends for you to use SMB3 Multichannel to achieve what you want but of course both ends need to support this. Unless your NAS has the very latest version of SAMBA it won't have this and it is still experimental feature support anyway.

Previous to Windows 10 using custom teaming software from Intel/HP etc you could get ALB style teaming working but it was still best to use a LAG aware switch.