ATT Uverse Box connections

Emanuel_M
Go to solution Solved by The_Askinator,
53 minutes ago, Emanuel_M said:

So my ATT Uverse box uses Ethernet to connect to my main cable box and needs an Internet connection for the channels.

I have a big problem though, I only have 1 Ethernet port in my room. If I use a router with a switch I can connect my Uverse box to that router and switch and still use my console, laptop, with a wired connection. But the thing is my console and laptop work fine but my box doesn't. I can watch a channel for 10-30 seconds until the signal is lost. If I directly connect the box with an Ethernet cable by itself and no router switch it works fine, but with the switch it doesn't. Any tips if there is an fixes or if it is even possible.

Their really is no fix, Their is not enough bandwidth for all the devices on just ONE cable so At&T would need to upgrade to like Thunderbolt or some other type of cable that supports network traffic and lots of bandwidth.. There's nothing you can do.. But I have AT&T and my router has like 5 ports and has like the top of the line network capabilities AC and everything. Though, My router is being rented from them. Sorry bro.. But I use 2 wired connections, One for my Uverse box and one for the occasional Kodi stream.. 

So my ATT Uverse box uses Ethernet to connect to my main cable box and needs an Internet connection for the channels.

I have a big problem though, I only have 1 Ethernet port in my room. If I use a router with a switch I can connect my Uverse box to that router and switch and still use my console, laptop, with a wired connection. But the thing is my console and laptop work fine but my box doesn't. I can watch a channel for 10-30 seconds until the signal is lost. If I directly connect the box with an Ethernet cable by itself and no router switch it works fine, but with the switch it doesn't. Any tips if there is an fixes or if it is even possible.

53 minutes ago, Emanuel_M said:

Their really is no fix, Their is not enough bandwidth for all the devices on just ONE cable so At&T would need to upgrade to like Thunderbolt or some other type of cable that supports network traffic and lots of bandwidth.. There's nothing you can do.. But I have AT&T and my router has like 5 ports and has like the top of the line network capabilities AC and everything. Though, My router is being rented from them. Sorry bro.. But I use 2 wired connections, One for my Uverse box and one for the occasional Kodi stream..