New laptop for work and gaming less then 1200 US

hello everyone,

I am searching a laptop for my new job. i have searched some Information and there were 2 main laptops, that are the Asus ROG GL552VW-CN108T 
and ZBook 15 G2 J8Z54ET. does anyone have any exprience with one of those laptops. i would like to get some advice if anyone have some tips and very handy information. maybe u found better laptop. the needs are high performance lightweight max 15 inch laptop.

regards,

Timoa12343

What are you trying to do with it, as a "Gaming" graphics card may not be the best for some applications.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

playing games, rendering and for office application that are the main things i have to do for my new job and for use at home ofcourse

What types of render applications, and what do you value most?

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

1 minute ago, FAQBytes said:

What types of render applications, and what do you value most?

ehm autocad and maybe some videowork with adobe premier and after effects 

1 minute ago, Timo12343 said:

ehm autocad and maybe some videowork with adobe premier and after effects 

Rate all those and gaming from most to least important.

1.  rendering with adobe and autocad

2.office work

3. gaming

i am a mechanical engineering so my work is mainly rendering stuff like really big projects with alot stuff going on. s

i also was thinking about quadro card but they are not good for gaming and very expensive as well

I'll do a quick search. Are you okay with used/refurb or does it have to be new?

Just now, FAQBytes said:

I'll do a quick search. Are you okay with used/refurb or does it have to be new?

it has to be new and very fast

10 minutes ago, Timo12343 said:

it has to be new and very fast

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5YV2D84925&cm_re=quadro_laptop-_-9SIA5YV2D84925-_-Product

Here is the best Quadro-based laptop for around 1200 USD (You can still use discount codes).

If you want something with regular gaming specs, I'm sure there are plenty of places to look for that.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

15 hours ago, TopDollar said:

What in the world job would require you to buy your own laptop.

this just because i want it to be portable and carry every where i am

5 hours ago, Timo12343 said:

this just because i want it to be portable and carry every where i am

The engineering companies I have worked for have always had pretty tight control on IT resources. They get pretty serious when it comes to trade secrets.