AMD 8350 Upgrade thoughts?

Heloo, i recently built up a system, i got a XFX 7870 2gb, i am currently running a friends AMD FX-4 4100, therefore i need to buy my own CPU and was thinking about getting the AMD 8350 and was wondering if i would see a noticeable difference when running games like far cry 3 thanks.

Yes , especially if you're streaming / recording . Linus is going to have a video coming soon.

Well seems like you have an am3+ mobo and are in a need to get a new cpu...!! The 8350 is a good processor and you will definitely see improvement in frame rates over a 4100 ...!!

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

Oooo, in that case i think i am definietly going to with the 8350, thanks!

Also cant wait for that video..gota love a bit of linus :)

Gaming only?

I'd recommend an FX6300 instead, as you won't benefit from the added 2 cores really. Use the saved money on a decent cooler, you'll see a larger performance benefit from overclocking.

u wil see a huge difference its almost double the perfomance of fx 4100

Hmm, cooling is no worry for me..got the H80i in push and i think thats a fair point..not gunna lie though..a do like the sound of owning a 8350 :P

Do you also think i would benefit from upgrading to more RAM at the same time..i am currently running 8bg at 1866Mhz, thanks!

I made this exact upgrade a couple of weeks ago, and it was a definite jump in performance. My minimum frame rates went up by 20fps in BF3 alone. Definitely worth the upgrade.

#KILLEDMYWIFE

:0 wow, I am definitely going to make the upgrade now..should be ordering in the next few days, thanks!

When you do the RAM upgrade, stick with only 2 sticks of RAM in your system. 4 sticks cause more stress to be put on the system and also causes some stibility problems.

Aaah right..a doo remember reading about that somewhere, i shall take that into account hmm, thanks :)