What type of panel does AMH A399U have?

GhostWriter
Go to solution Solved by o0Martin,

You're right it's S-MVA. I somehow missed that in the video.

Do you know if that is good enough for color sensitive work? (Game design)

Yeah it's probably more than fine. As far as colour accuracy goes MVA panels are normally on level with IPS, the main difference is the viewing angles (Which in modern MVA's isn't really an issue) it is better than TN with viewing angles, but with slightly older MVA's it was less than IPS and still an issue. 

And as far as the types of MVA (S-MVA/AMVA) that doesn't actually matter much, it's basically just the different panel manufacturers calling it different things, I think S-MVA (Super MVA) is from Innolux where as AMVA (Advance MVA) is AU Optronics. And then Samsung have their PVA's which is slightly different but also irrelevant lol. 

VA's also have a higher static contrast than IPS, meaning you get much deeper blacks which can be really nice, but one thing to watch out for is if the gamma settings aren't good then you can run into 'black crush' which is where the darker tones of black blend together. 

It has a 3000:1 contrast ratio doesn't it? 

If so it's a VA Panel. Which type of VA, or the exact panel itself I'm not sure. 

Probably S-MVA or AMVA

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

It has a 3000:1 contrast ratio doesn't it? 

If so it's a VA Panel. Which type of VA, or the exact panel itself I'm not sure. 

Probably S-MVA or AMVA

Yeah it's probably more than fine. As far as colour accuracy goes MVA panels are normally on level with IPS, the main difference is the viewing angles (Which in modern MVA's isn't really an issue) it is better than TN with viewing angles, but with slightly older MVA's it was less than IPS and still an issue. 

And as far as the types of MVA (S-MVA/AMVA) that doesn't actually matter much, it's basically just the different panel manufacturers calling it different things, I think S-MVA (Super MVA) is from Innolux where as AMVA (Advance MVA) is AU Optronics. And then Samsung have their PVA's which is slightly different but also irrelevant lol. 

VA's also have a higher static contrast than IPS, meaning you get much deeper blacks which can be really nice, but one thing to watch out for is if the gamma settings aren't good then you can run into 'black crush' which is where the darker tones of black blend together. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's