Would it be worth it?

byalexandr
Go to solution Solved by Clyne,

Because why save for a new card when all I want is a pinch more power. If I don't need to spend money, why do it?

If you don't need to spend money then the fate all goes down to people buying your GPU and hoping your parents will pay the rest. 

Pinch more power.....simply not worth the trouble when your not entirely sure. 

I want a pinch more power in games at 1080p, so I wanted to save up for an R9 380 Nitro. Well saving money sucks, and I assume from how many times you guys say it that the 280X is more powerful. Would it be worth selling my 760 for like $140 and then asking my parents for like $20 to get a used 280X? Could I even find a used 280X for $160? Let me know what to do, the point is to upgrade without spending much if anything at all. Thanks!

P.S. Are there even any 280X cards under like 9.5"? That's the max I can fit in my SG05 without having to mod it some more. Up to 10.5" if I do.

Besides me thinking that it's not really worth the effort tbh, as far as I'm concerned I don't know of a mitx 280x. But I know for sure there is a mitx 285, I'd try that :)

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

You can find a new 280x on eBay for $175. Saw one on there yesterday. But, I think it'd be worth saving up more and get at least a 290.

Save more for a R9 nano, would be worth the money. Just save like a few hundred more.....

I want a pinch more power in games at 1080p, so I wanted to save up for an R9 380 Nitro. Well saving money sucks, and I assume from how many times you guys say it that the 280X is more powerful. Would it be worth selling my 760 for like $140 and then asking my parents for like $20 to get a used 280X? Could I even find a used 280X for $160? Let me know what to do, the point it to upgrade without spending much if anything at all. Thanks!

P.S. Are there even any 280X cards under like 9.5"? That's the max I can fit in my SG05 without having to mod it some more. Up to 10.5" if I do.

Honestly... if you want to make a small build, get that 285 Compact.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Besides me thinking that it's not really worth the effort tbh, as far as I'm concerned I don't know of a mitx 280x. But I know for sure there is a mitx 285, I'd try that :)

280x is better than the 285.

I know of that, but I haven't found any of the Sapphire ones used, or at least below $160.

Honestly... if you want to make a small build, get that 285 Compact.

I don't want to make one I already have one. The 760 just needs a bit more power and at least another GB of VRAM, and the 280X looks perfect. The 285 Compact is as expensive as the 380 Nitro, and I can't seem to find any used.

Both are still better than a 760, amirite?

Save more for a R9 nano, would be worth the money. Just save like a few hundred more.....

I want a pinch more power in games at 1080p, so I wanted to save up for an R9 380 Nitro. Well saving money sucks, and I assume from how many times you guys say it that the 280X is more powerful. Would it be worth selling my 760 for like $140 and then asking my parents for like $20 to get a used 280X? Could I even find a used 280X for $160? Let me know what to do, the point is to upgrade without spending much if anything at all. Thanks!

yes, I have a 280x, but it doesn't have a mitx model buddy, he wouldn't be able to fit it in his case. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

yes, I have a 280x, but it doesn't have a mitx model buddy, he wouldn't be able to fit it in his case. 

Oh, right. My bad.

I could probably fit the XFX or MSI versions.

Gigabyte Windforce is out of the question @Opeth747

If you can't be that patient, then why are you asking all of this when you don't even have the funds yet. 

Windforce is the best, in my opinion.

If you can't be that patient, then why are you asking all of this when you don't even have the funds yet. 

Because why save for a new card when all I want is a pinch more power. If I don't need to spend money, why do it?

i saw an 290 on craigslist for $150 once

*sobs*

Should I wait for the right deal to come up and then jump on it?

nah those cards are about 11inches (at least for xfx)

If you don't need to spend money then the fate all goes down to people buying your GPU and hoping your parents will pay the rest. 

Then that's the answer I was looking for. I guess I will have to save up then.

P.S. Why u alwayz sound so negative?

Then that's the answer I was looking for. I guess I will have to save up then.

P.S. Why u alwayz sound so negative?

Why do you always need to post a lot of these threads?

It just pisses me off....