Is OCCT Safe

Shaan5

I have a G1 GTX 970 and I have heard a lot of good things about OCCT because of Its error checking feature but I've heard it can be dangerous 

Is This True

Thanks

Case: Define R5 I GPU: G1 GTX 970 I CPU: i5 4690k I RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X I PSU:  EVGA 750B2 I Cooler: Noctua NH D15 

MB: ASUS Z97-A I SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB I HDD: WD Black 1TB

I have a G1 GTX 970 and I have heard a lot of good things about OCCT because of Its error checking feature but I've heard it can be dangerous 

Is This True

Thanks

It's only dangerous if you overvolt it and let it burn itself to death.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

It's only dangerous if you overvolt it and let it burn itself to death.

I don't plan on adjusting voltage at all anyway(Just Power Limit) so would be a safe program to use?

Case: Define R5 I GPU: G1 GTX 970 I CPU: i5 4690k I RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X I PSU:  EVGA 750B2 I Cooler: Noctua NH D15 

I don't plan on adjusting voltage at all anyway(Just Power Limit) so would be a safe program to use?

Should be no problem.  However, when I was doing my OC for my GPU, I played around a bit with OCCT.  It has a built in error-checker for artifacts.  However, the test is supposed to stop when an error is found, but when I do get errors it just continues on so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Should be no problem.  However, when I was doing my OC for my GPU, I played around a bit with OCCT.  It has a built in error-checker for artifacts.  However, the test is supposed to stop when an error is found, but when I do get errors it just continues on so I'm not sure what's up with that.

What temps are ok In OCCT 

I run with shader complexity at 3(Not in fullscreen) with Error checking on(an unclocked FPS as well) and I got to 78 Celcius in 5 mins with A G1 GTX 970. Rarely hits 65 While gaming though and averages out at about 62 Celcius

Thanks

What temps are ok In OCCT 

I run with shader complexity at 3(Not in fullscreen) with Error checking on(an unclocked FPS as well) and I got to 78 Celcius in 5 mins with A G1 GTX 970. Rarely hits 65 While gaming though and averages out at about 62 Celcius

Thanks

Don't go above 90c when stress testing.  In gaming it will never touch those temps so you are good.