Update your Sony Xperia (GO) to Cyanogenmod 12 (lollipop 5.0) - Full Guide/Tutorial

Go to solution Solved by Mosiek,

Thx for the tutorial, but there is a small problem: how to enter recovery mode on Xperia Go ST27i ? pressing vol + or - doesnt work....

I have already my phone rooted, unblocked loader and cwm installed....

thanx:)

Hi guys! Today I will be teaching you how to Root, unlock Boot Loader and finally FLASH your phone to include the Cyanogenmod 12 OS!

HOLY SHIT <------------- I see you writing that comment, or maybe not, but before you start screaming that it's impossible that CM 12 could have been released for a low end phone like this, I will say.... THIS IS WORKING!

Now, why am I doing this?

I got a Xperia GO few days aGO (get it?) and I went to tinker with it and found that installation of CM 12 is possible and that indeed, it will make your phone fly. Now I was stuck on the 4.0 Build Ice Cream Sandwich which sucks so much on this phone, and wanted to change it.

I will guide you step by step on how to install CM 12 on the GO...

Now, this procedure may or may not work with other phones, but the firmware I will be flashing my phone with is specifically built for the GO model...

Just go to Google and find an another tutorial depending on what phone you get, I found that this phone is quite popular, so I decided to do something good for teh sake of LTT.

To find out what is CyanogenMod go to: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/About

1. Preparation and before we start

For this install you will need a handy computer, USB to USB mini cable included with your phone, drivers for establishing a connection with your phone on the PC, and a Mini SD memory Card (or whatever external interface of memory your phone supports)...

This tutorial will also show you how to root and unlock the boot loader on your device, which will void your warranty.

BEFORE YOU EVEN START FULLY CHARGE THE DEVICE.

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK, I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR DEVICE 

2. Rooting your device

You got that? Okay.

Detailed steps for this part of the install are here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-u/go-development/how-to-root-xperia-t2336242

I will sum it up for you

Before you start:

- make sure u have installed ADB drivers for ur device

- enable "USB DEBUGGING" from (Menu\Settings\Applications\Development)

- enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES" from (Menu\Settings\Applications)
- connect USB cable to PHONE and then connect to PC using a mentioned cable

On the link ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ above the download link for the DooMlord's Easy Rooting Toolkit V14 is included

Download it. 

Now:

- Extract Easy rooting toolkit on pc.

- Connect your phone to pc.
- Open Runme.bat
- Wait until finished
- Reboot your phone then your PC.

YOU SHOULD BE ROOTED

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3. Unlock your BOOT LOADER

This is different for every device itself, so please look at the video for further instructions.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4. INSTALL Clockwork Mod Recovery.

This will help you easily install CM 12 on your Xperia GO.

Go to this link and download the files:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-u/go-development/cwm-cwm-recovery-6-0-1-2-locked-t2020891

Sum up:

- Download the zip package

- Extract the folder

- Connect your phone to the pc with USB debugging

- Click on install.bat

- Wait 'till it's done, close.

5. We're getting close!

Download the ROM from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-u/go-development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-0-t3013681

Download Google Apps files from the same link.

Transfer them to an SD card you acquired earlier using a connected USB cable.

Successfully transferred? Good.

Switch of your Xperia phone.

When the phone turns on, and when it comes to an SONY logo keep holding the volume down (-) button until you get into Clockwork Mod recovery. Choose "wipe data/ factory reset" option then erase the cache with an other option listed called "wipe cache partition". Also erase dalvik cache by going to advanced and scrolling down until you see it.

Chose option "install ZIP from SD card" and choose option "Choose zip from SD card", then navigate firstly to the CM 12 Download and wait until installed, then navigate to the GApps after CM 12 has been installed.

6. Enjoy!

Thanks for viewing tutorial, if it helped please share it, if you need any help please post a comment or PM me!

UPDATED: THIS MOD WILL NOT WORK WITH PHONES THAT DON'T ALLOW BOOT LOADER UNLOCKS OR THAT ARE CARRIER SIM LOCKED.

TO CHECK IF YOU CAN UNLOCK THE BOOT LOADER ON YOUR PHONE TYPE IN " *#*#7378423#*#* IN YOUR DIALER.

A MENU WILL APPEAR, CLICK ON SERVICE INFO > CONFIGURATION > AND CHECK WHAT IT SAYS UNDER ROOTING STATUS.

IF IT SAYS THAT BOOTLOADER UNLOCKS AREN'T ALLOWED YOU ARE STUCK WITH FLASHING ONLY THINGS THAT BASE OFF OF YOUR CURRENT PHONE VERSION, SO THAT MEANS YOU CANNOT INSTALL AOSP SYSTEMS LIKE CM OR EVEN AN UPGRADED STOCK VERSION OF ANDROID, GOOD LUCK FINDING THAT.

P.S: DON'T EVEN BOTHER....

Thanks for viewing the guide.

• 11 months later...

Thx for the guide! I realize, i am quite late to the party but it took me hours to get to the last point on your sweet list and it just sadly reports to me: That's a lotus build you're giving me. I did follow the xda link and downloaded the current build by Hardlight. He does say to flash by fastboot, though. Any advice? Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Thx for the tutorial, but there is a small problem: how to enter recovery mode on Xperia Go ST27i ? pressing vol + or - doesnt work....

I have already my phone rooted, unblocked loader and cwm installed....

thanx:)