Weird smell from hand after using mouse.

_Grid21

I am going to ask possibly one of the weirdest tech questions ever, but I need to make sure it's not me. So here it goes, I have a logictech G400 mouse, it's ok, I would like to get something better at some point. But over the last few days I have noticed something kinda odd. First, I am a very clean person, I wash my hands all the time after doing certain tasks. But I have noticed that when I am in long gaming sessions/general use of my computer, my right hand will sweat and smell from using the mouse over long periods. The mouse materiel is is mostly plastic, but does have some rubber grips on either side, I do clean my mouse on a as needed bases. But this issue has only just come up. My hands are warm like a normal person would be, but I just find it odd that my mouse is making this very odd, and stupid issue arise. Is this normal? Is it what the mouse is made of that this is happening? Should I go out and get a better mouse that's made differently? Again I know this seems like a stupid and weird question, but it's really getting on my nerves and I am super annoyed. The logictech G400 mouse is good as a whole, although as my game library expends, the amount of buttons is very slime, only two special buttons. I've been wanting to get a Razer mouse since I love the new keyboard I got from them recently. Please help me here.

Thanks in advance.

Josh_Grid21

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

room temp to high? I have this mouse too and even after 7 hrs of gaming no single drop of sweat

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Yeah, people that use my mouse report crusty white residue on their hands.

I say it's sweat aswell.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

I don't want to embarrass you, but... :P LOL

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Wash your hands after you frapp?

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

OP you may seriously need therapy if the issue consumes your thoughts and gets out of hand.  LOL! Pun not intended but .. hand. LOL!

Seriously OP I am not kidding about the therapy thing under certain circumstances but also use some common sense here.  If the smell you are creating from using this mouse is bothering you then get a different mouse.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You know fap fap fap was on my mind ;)

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Treat your sweaty hands

Your hand may be getting sweaty because heat is trapped between your hand and the mouse. This easily happens if:

• The mouse is too big, forcing you to have too much contact between your palm and the mouse
  • The mouse is made of material that traps heat easily
  • You are holding the mouse for too long without letting go

So consider changing your mouse, letting your hand rest and cool, or holding the mouse in a different way.

Consider using the claw or fingertip grip which puts space between your palm and the mouse, allowing both to cool off and minimizing sweat.

Thanks for that page. Should I try a different mouse?

OP you may seriously need therapy if the issue consumes your thoughts and gets out of hand.  LOL! Pun not intended but .. hand. LOL!

Seriously OP I am not kidding about the therapy thing under certain circumstances but also use some common sense here.  If the smell you are creating from using this mouse is bothering you then get a different mouse.

It's not something that consumes my mind, it's just a recent issue I've been noticing. 

Yeah, people that use my mouse report crusty white residue on their hands.

I say it's sweat aswell.

Ok, thanks.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

Well, based on my explanation you should be able to tell if a new mouse will benefit you.

If you want to use the claw/fingertip grip but the shape of the mouse makes it impossible/uncomfortable, then look for one that has the right size and shape.

The size of your hand and way you hold the mouse varies by person, so I can't make recommendations.

Ok, I was looking at the Razer Naga. It looks like it would suit my hand better then the Logictech one is now. I also noticed that even though my mouse is big, my hand looks like is crampt a bit. So over long periods of time that's not good. 

I have a Logitech G700S and I get the same thing. Nothing weird on my hands that I can see and they don't get sweaty. It just is an odd smell, almost like kerosene...kinda weird!

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

I have a Logitech G700S and I get the same thing. Nothing weird on my hands that I can see and they don't get sweaty. It just is an odd smell, almost like kerosene...kinda weird!

At least I am not the only one, plus, I'm beginning to see my Logictech mouse isn't meeting my new needs of my computer use. And some of the button placements are kinda stupid really.