3.3v on 2.9v. Random crashes, fans going crazy after 2 weeks of no problems

SSStorm

Hi,

Long time pc user, first time builder.

I have ran into an issue with my build. My pc is unstable and my mobo keeps saying that the 3.3v rail is only 2.8-2.9v. All of this is happening 2 weeks after I built this pc and I had no problems with it up untill now.

I also tried to unplug my psu for 10 minutes. After I have done it I booted my pc up into the BIOS and it shut down after a minute or so. I was incredibly lucky and managed to snap this http://imgur.com/X2JAnU2 picture of the voltage readings miliseconds before the pc shut down and tried to reboot. Any help would be gladly appretiated.

Mobo: M5A97 2.0 evo

PSU : CX600M EU

CPU : FX 6300

If you need any more info please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Also forgot to mention that in that 2 week period my cpu as oc'd to 3.9 ghz on the stock cooler. I did reset the cpu settings in the bios but it did not help.

PSU : CP-9020060-EU

CPU : FD6300WMHKBOX

HDD : WD30EZRX

MOB : M5A97 EVO R2.0

RAM : HX316C10FBK2/16

CSE : CC-9011011-WW

GPU : GV-N970G1 GAMING 4GD

I do not motitor voltage while in windows so I can't give any info on that.

Side note: been experiencing a post screen some times. Its telling me my CPU and RAM is fine and that overclocking failed. I turned on normal mode in the BIOS but I still sometimes get that POST screen saying the same thing.

So I got my pc to run windows for about 5 minutes or so and I wasnt able to dowload AIDA64 in time. Before my pc crashed, the fans went berzerk for a second and then the pc shutdown and tried to reboot without stopping.

I also heard some kind if cracking noise coming from inside the case. Not exactly surr what it was but it might have been the cpu as it only appeared when something was going on. I did manage to get a video of it so I'll post it in a minute or so.

Should I try to get AIDA running before my pc crashes?

Tried getting my pc to boot after turning off the psu for 10 minutes and I was left with the same results. Pc boots into bios. 3.3v rail on 2.8v. VDDA2.5v rail sonetimes jumps to 2.8v. Pc crashes and tries to reboot but fails.

Worst thing is that the holidays are just around the corner so I wont be able to return the PSU for a week if Ia have to.

Private video, but cracking usually is an issue from the PSU.

Also Please... use quote button, I can't be searching all the time the thread :P

0ddBHYL.png

Unlisted the video.

Since I cant exactly get the voltages under load due to crashing I will most likely end up returning it at the end of the holidays, but if there still is anything that you can recommend me to do, please, say so. Getting desperate.

Didnt quite get what you were trying to say with the quoting jn your first post, sorry.

Just tried a cmos reset. It was successful but it dis not fix the voltage problem. VDDA2.5v sometimes spikes up to 2.8v and the 3.3v rail undervolts to 2.8v constantly. I'm convinced that my psu is defected.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for making you wait, I was eating.

Yep, most probably that's going to be the PSU, if it's been recently bought and you want to RMA check if you can that it's from a different batch JIC, not the first time there's a bad batch on CX series...

hello, i seem to get a very similar problem :

my pc upon rebooting holds out anywhere between 5seconds to 5 minutes and then shuts down without warning,

tried to run bios and see what that gave me and noticed my cpu temperature is at a 135°C which is weird after starting up for the first time in 20 min

my 3.3V also indicates it's only between 2.6-2.9 and is shown in red, and i assume that is the main problem. 

i'm kind of at a loss, do i have to buy a whole new  psu?  or is there a easy solution?

my pc is unmodified since full purchase and is 2.5 years old.

edit from 15 min later:

i found that if i change my power usage from high perfomance mode to power saver it goes up to 3.05 , though i'm still bummed out that i can't leave that mode since i think it limits my pc performance greatly while playing games