"G-Sync flickering issue" and "144hz clock down issue"

Soete01

"G-Sync flickering issue" and "144hz clock down issue"

Hi everyone,

I've bought the monitor Asus Swift PG278Q.

Know i've got the 2 problems. 

First one 

When i started a game then he automaticly activate G-Sync.

The problem is that i've got a flickering screen when u using g-sync.

Also i've read that its a driver related issue. Because in forums i've read that someone else bought another monitor with g-sync , and he has just the same flickering issue, when using g-sync in games.

There are also many other customers with the same issue: refer links

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=391163

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...78Q-flickering

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewto...=891&start=290

And when you search on google "G-sync flickering" there are many many refer links.

Second one 

With my monitor (Asus PG278Q) i've got the possibility to set my monitor to "144hz".

Know when i set my monitor to that 144hz refresh rate, my graphic cards doesnt clock down anymore..

I've got an Asus Titan Black in SLI.

And when i'm using the 144hz refresh rate then my first gpu card stays idle 60° celcius.

And thats because he dont clock back anymore in 144hz rate.

When i set my monitor to 120 hz then my first gpu clocks back and is 35° celcius idle.

So its also a driver related problem.

Just like the first issue i've got also many refer links, from other customer with the same issue.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...Swift-at-144hz

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...sage/?offset=5

Nvidea says its only happening when you using 2 monitors but that is fault.

Because i'm using 1 monitor and then i got the same issue...

Please Nvidea can you bring up a fix for this 2 problems in the new driver version !!!!

I already reported this yesterday in the "customer live chat" by Asus and Nvidea.

Greetings 

Bo.

In your nVidia drivers, under manage 3d settings make sure the following settings are set correctly

Vertical Sync - G-Sync

Prefered Refresh Rate - Highest Available

Then make sure when you launch a game, the white light turns red at the bottom right of your monitor. Remeber, G-Sync only works in full screen.

When I first got my Swift it kept defaulting to 60 hz or 120hz. 120hz mode used to dim the backlights making it super dull to look at. The fix for the dimming is to turn off light in motion which only kicks in at 120hz anyway. I've no idea if it'll fix your flickering issue but it'll make sure it's setup correctly and rule it out at least.

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

Both of these are common issues with this monitor and I think they are both driver related, I am not 100% sure on that though. I too have the flickering in a handful of loading screens, but is kind of a non-issue to me because it has never happened in game, only when the frame rate starts doing crazy stuff while loading a map.

I also am experiencing the down clocking problem that I think everyone with nvidia cards is. Use that turbo button until (or if) there is a driver fix for the down clock issue. I just leave my monitor in 120hz mode and use the button to go into 144hz mode when gaming. Press it 2 more times to go back to 120hz when you are back in desktop, and your gpu will start to downclock again. A little annoying but neither are huge issues at all, It can always be much worse I have learned. I'm just so thankful to have a 1440p @ 144hz with g-sync, no dead pixels, even black levels and no light bleed. I'm a happy goat.

Also make sure your sli bridge is in the right orientation.

i5 3570K (4.5Ghz OC)|4x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance pro|Zotac GTX 980 Amp! Extreme Edition|Asus p8Z77M-pro|Raidmax 500 80+Br| 128GB Kingston Now SSD|2x1TB Western Digital Blue| Artic White Define R4|Corsair H60 cooler|CM Storm Quickfire MX BLUE| White Corsair M65

Okay, i've tried to set my light in motion off, but that doenst changed anything.

The flickering is indeed staying, so i hope Nvidea comes with a new driver with a fix for my both problems.

Also because these are general problems..

Okay, i've tried to set my light in motion off, but that doenst changed anything.

The flickering is indeed staying, so i hope Nvidea comes with a new driver with a fix for my both problems.

Also because these are general problems..

The light in motion is just that colored ring around the base. I leave it off though, I find it distracting.

Just keep bothering Nvidia, its the only way we might get a driver fix :)

@

ChaosGoW

You say in your reaction to turn off light in motion,,

You are trying to mean the red light on the feet from the monitor though?

Or do you mean something else?

greetings

@

ChaosGoW

You say in your reaction to turn off light in motion,,

You are trying to mean the red light on the feet from the monitor though?

Or do you mean something else?

greetings

maybe what I actually meant is called something else. I have mine on a vesa arm and don't even use the one that came with it lol. Maybe it's ULMB? Not sure but there was an option that only works in 120hz mode and all it did that I could see was dim the screen making it darker. Did you make sure your drivers are set correctly like I posted?

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

Yes i did all you asked.

When i start every in game with full screen then my ligh indicator on my screen is going red.

So G-Sync is enabled.

I'm using the nvidea driver 344.60 (latest one)

i'm also using 120hz, because of the clock down issue with 144hz...

And thats it !

I'm literally having none of the issues other people are reporting. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.