SanDisk Cruzer Extreme USB3.0 16GB

Mo5

Before I start this "review" I have to say that this is my first review, so I have no idea what I should say...

Let's get started.

The SanDisk Cruzer Extreme is a USB3.0 flash drive that comes in capacities ranging from 16GB to 64GB. As with many flash drives, the performance increases with capacity and I have the smallest, least performing 16GB model.

On this drive, the USB connector slides in and out, and the latch feels solid, as does the rest of the drive.

Now, before I continue with the performance, let's look at the unboxing in which I outline the key features of the drive.

PERFORMANCE

I tested the drive on my AsRock 890GX Extreme3 which comes with a third party USB3 controller - NEC MPD720200

You can see from the charts below, that even the slowest model is not really that slow, capable of reaching read speed of 185MB/s and write speeds as high as 60MB/s - in USB3.0 mode of course. Plug it into a USB2.0 port and things slow down. There, both the read and write speeds don't pass 35MB/s.

USB3.0

usb30c.jpg

USB2.0

usb20.jpg

In conclusion, this affordable USB3.0 drive from SanDisk performs really well and people buying a flash drive should definitely consider it.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Before I start this "review" I have to say that this is my first review, so I have no idea what I should say...

Let's get started.

The SanDisk Cruzer Extreme is a USB3.0 flash drive that comes in capacities ranging from 16GB to 64GB. As with many flash drives, the performance increases with capacity and I have the smallest, least performing 16GB model.

On this drive, the USB connector slides in and out, and the latch feels solid, as does the rest of the drive.

Now, before I continue with the performance, let's look at the unboxing in which I outline the key features of the drive.

PERFORMANCE

I tested the drive on my AsRock 890GX Extreme3 which comes with a third party USB3 controller - NEC MPD720200

You can see from the charts below, that even the slowest model is not really that slow, capable of reaching read speed of 185MB/s and write speeds as high as 60MB/s - in USB3.0 mode of course. Plug it into a USB2.0 port and things slow down. There, both the read and write speeds don't pass 35MB/s.

USB3.0

usb30c.jpg

USB2.0

usb20.jpg

In conclusion, this affordable USB3.0 drive from SanDisk performs really well and people buying a flash drive should definitely consider it.

USB 2.0 operates at 480 mega bits per second(60 Megabytes per second) so its kinda expected.

Anyway SanDisk makes a lot of flash drives and they are a brand I would lean towards most of the time when I buy flash drives(I own 3 SanDIsk flash drives and a SanDisk Extreme SSD)

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

USB 2.0 operates at 480 mega bits per second(60 Megabytes per second) so its kinda expected.

I know. I just wanted to include this results as most of the people are still running USB2.0

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile