Sound card sounds weird?!

Go to solution Solved by HEXiT,

sad to say it may actually be your headsets fault. bose tend not to give the spec of there audio kit so you may have a sound card that likes low impedance pared with a headset that has high impedance. but you wont know for sure till you try another headset.

asus do make good sound cards 1s you get over the basic 1s in the xonar range which you have done. so although both parts aint cheap (well to bose headset is over priced) they may not be entirely compatible. so try a different headset and see if the problem persists.

Hi I recently bought the ASUS XONAR DGX for my gaming rig. I inserted it above the graphics card, installed the driver, but it sounded weird. When i listen to music the pitch is quiet high and i cant hear all they sing. I've tried every possible setting to make it sound better. I bought a grounded PSU cable and tested it but that didn't solve the problem. Any help pls?

Tell me if i forgot to mention something :)

My system and gear:

Case: Fractal Define R4

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 1155

CPU: i5 2500k stock clock

Cooling: Corsair H60

Ram: 4gb corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz

2x120gb SSD hyperX 3K 555/510mb/s

500gb 7200RPM

GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 670

PSU: Fractal Design 1000W platinium

Gear

Monitors:

BenQ XL2411T 144hz

ASUS 60hz

Mice: Razer Mamba 2012 6400dpi

Keyboard: CM Storm Quick Fire (Red)

Headset: Bose AE2i

Mic: Media Tech (USB)

sad to say it may actually be your headsets fault. bose tend not to give the spec of there audio kit so you may have a sound card that likes low impedance pared with a headset that has high impedance. but you wont know for sure till you try another headset.

asus do make good sound cards 1s you get over the basic 1s in the xonar range which you have done. so although both parts aint cheap (well to bose headset is over priced) they may not be entirely compatible. so try a different headset and see if the problem persists.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

Have you configured the correct number of outputs? maybe windows thinks you are using sth like 7.1 or 5.1 instead of 2.0

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

Okay... I will be trying my dads 5.1 sorround sound headset today :)

I tested another standard headset and the audio were just fine... Im sad that I have to use another headset than the BOSE couse I've never tried a more comfortable headset than that.. But many thanks for the great suggestion :)