10Gbit switch for a home network

Chris Hasinski
Go to solution Solved by imcaspar,
4 minutes ago, Chris Hasinski said:

@imcasparNbase-T

https://www.netgear.com/business/products/switches/unmanaged/XS508M.aspx
Cheapest Option I would have in mind

Hello :) 

I have a home network with cat-6 cables and a 10Gbit connection from my ISP. I already have a Nokia router that has four 10Gbit ethernet ports, but I need more than that.

I have two desktops (mine and my girlfriend's), NAS, home server and a HTPC. All of those are 10Gbit. I also have about eight more 1gbit devices (mostly video game consoles) and one 100mbit retro gaming PC. I'm looking for a recommendation for a switch that would allow me to connect at least 5 10Gbit ethernet devices, preferably more. I don't care about any extra features.

1 hour ago, Chris Hasinski said:

Hello :)

I have a home network with cat-6 cables and a 10Gbit connection from my ISP. I already have a Nokia router that has four 10Gbit ethernet ports, but I need more than that.

I have two desktops (mine and my girlfriend's), NAS, home server and a HTPC. All of those are 10Gbit. I also have about eight more 1gbit devices (mostly video game consoles) and one 100mbit retro gaming PC. I'm looking for a recommendation for a switch that would allow me to connect at least 5 10Gbit ethernet devices, preferably more. I don't care about any extra features.

Which router model is it out of interest please? How does it perform for you, any bottle-necks with the 10Gbit connection handling?

If you do get that switch can you let me know how it works for you please? I am also looking for one.

@ne10g Judging by the manual it's Nokia ont xs-250wx-a. I haven't tested it with a 10Gb ethernet connection, but as soon as I get the switch and my desktop computer attached to it I'll run some speed tests and post them here.

Also it looks like that Nokia router only has one 10 GB ethernet port which I misread in the manual, so I definitely need a switch :)

Came to ask the same thing. Thanks @imcaspar

Just got some Cat 6a cable run in my house, need to rest of the gear to support it!