CPU Overheating too quickly with no OC

So my new PC is finally built (thanks to the people here on the forum who gave me advice when purchasing and assembling :) ), but I think I'm having issues with temperatures when I shouldn't be. I'm running a Ryzen 7 3700x with no overclock and am using the stock cooler (Wraith Prism). I kept all of the fan curves at default in the UEFI, and the only thing I really changed in there was the XMP profile for my RAM (32GB at 3200MHz). Perhaps XMP is having an effect on it, but I can't tell yet. I downloaded a couple of games to my SSD for testing and got some pretty nice framerates at 1080p, but always ended up enabling V-Sync since I am using my old 1080p60 monitor for now.

I tested GTA V (max settings) last night, and Battlefield V today (max settings + DXR on at ultra), but after about 15-20 minutes, my PC seems to overheat and reboots automatically. After checking in FPS Monitor, my CPU was hovering around 80 degrees in both games. I even set my graphics settings in BFV to the lowest possible (except for DXR, which remained on since I didn't want to restart the game whilst setting my keybinds), but the temps didn't drop and the PC rebooted. For now I have just adjusted the fan curve of all my case fans (3 intake and 1 exhaust) + CPU cooler so that they run a bit faster than default settings, even at lower temperatures. I have yet to test whether this helps out or not in games. I figured I'd ask about this here though since I'm still not really knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff. Should adjusting fan curves be enough to solve the issue? If so, any recommendations on what my curve 'should' look like? Should I potentially underclock my CPU a little (pretty sure I'm still running stock settings but with XMP on)? I saw a post earlier where OP said his 3700x is at 1.35v or something and that it shouldn't be any higher. With XMP on, I believe I saw mine go higher than that (around 1.4-something volts when I was first setting up my PC and was in the UEFI). I think they said that theirs was at 1.4v too at stock, and that it isn't a great idea to keep it there.

Airflow should be okay in my PC as far as I'm aware, but I can still feel the case getting warm around the CPU area when games are running.

TL;DR: I'm basically just looking for advice on how to keep my CPU cooler and the recommended temps that I should be getting, since I'd probably turn my PC into a microwave if I tried fixing it myself with no knowledge on how to do it properly :P. I kinda just want to play games and run my software without blowing it up in the process.

Will try to provide any extra info if it's needed.

When you go into UEFI, what is the temperature of the CPU like? Try to stay in UEFI for a little longer just to check. 

37 minutes ago, Imannudein said:

When you go into UEFI, what is the temperature of the CPU like? Try to stay in UEFI for a little longer just to check. 

I spent some time in the UEFI just to be sure. CPU pretty much stayed at a consistent 1.400v and was at a consistent 39-40°C the entire time. I've found a few places online now that seem to say undervolting to anywhere between 1.25v-1.375v is a good idea since 1.4v can often make it get hot too quickly, but I thought I'd check here to be on the safe side.

image.png.ce2d235a195240cca429480a36b85b7c.png

image.png.6f5880ae0d630a4573ba86955b150d0c.png

40 minutes ago, Frostbite Cinematics said:

I spent some time in the UEFI just to be sure. CPU pretty much stayed at a consistent 1.400v and was at a consistent 39-40°C the entire time. I've found a few places online now that seem to say undervolting to anywhere between 1.25v-1.375v is a good idea since 1.4v can often make it get hot too quickly, but I thought I'd check here to be on the safe side.

image.png.ce2d235a195240cca429480a36b85b7c.png

image.png.6f5880ae0d630a4573ba86955b150d0c.png

It seems that there is a UEFI update dated 22dn June 2020 from MSI support website for your motherboard. Maybe worth a try to update this. My 3800x also idles around 40C in UEFI. 

Just now, Imannudein said:

It seems that there is a UEFI update dated 22dn June 2020 from MSI support website for your motherboard. Maybe worth a try to update this. My 3800x also idles around 40C in UEFI. 

Hmm. I'll give that a look into. Thanks :)

An update to the thread:

So I underclocked the CPU from 1.400v (default) to 1.25v using MSI Dragon Center. Still getting very promising frame rates after testing Battlefield V at Ultra, with and without DXR enabled. Since my current monitor is only 60Hz, I ended up locking it to 60 FPS with V-Sync and the in game framerate limiter. Even with DXR enabled and V-Sync off, my CPU barely hit 65 degrees; a massive improvement on the previous 80-85 degree mark it was hitting. This is with an adjustment to the fan curve of both the CPU cooler and case fans. They're no longer at default values, and I raised them up quite generously (for my PC, not my ears :P). The results are pretty promising though. The sound isn't so bad with earphones/headphones on.

I'm going to keep testing a little more before going into the UEFI and inputting my settings in there. Maybe try increasing the voltage a little more to 1.3v, changing the fan curve a little so it isn't as loud, etc. Seems like a good start though. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my fans to work constantly on my GPU, because it has a feature where they only ramp up after hitting a certain temperature. Personally I would rather have them on at all times though and adjust the settings myself, but that's another topic I'll have to look into when I have time.