Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OdinsSonArtemiy

Question about streaming from retro hardware

Posted · Original PosterOP

Good morning!

I have 4 vintage machines running win 98. I wasn't to stream deathmatches with my friends and make a show with all the time period correct aesthetics.

My question is how to I get the screen capture to my main PC that will stream/capture content from 4 PCs and 2 cameras? Cameras are easy , but with the PCs...do I just connect VGA splitter cables to GPU outputs and the figure out a device with multiple VGA inputs, or VGA to HDMI adaptors and them HDMI input device.

Best regards,

Artemiy

2 minutes ago, OdinsSonArtemiy said:

Good morning!

I have 4 vintage machines running win 98. I wasn't to stream deathmatches with my friends and make a show with all the time period correct aesthetics.

My question is how to I get the screen capture to my main PC that will stream/capture content from 4 PCs and 2 cameras? Cameras are easy , but with the PCs...do I just connect VGA splitter cables to GPU outputs and the figure out a device with multiple VGA inputs, or VGA to HDMI adaptors and them HDMI input device.

Best regards,

Artemiy

Use something called a capture card, you can get one that goes into a PCIe slot or just something that sits out on your desk. The PCIe ones are for 4k or whatever, which you don't need as it's retro gaming stuff.

@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Use something called a capture card, you can get one that goes into a PCIe slot or just something that sits out on your desk. The PCIe ones are for 4k or whatever, which you don't need as it's retro gaming stuff.

Couldn't find a capture card with several VGA inputs. So my only solution is 4x cheapo VGA input-USB Output Capture cards?

8 hours ago, OdinsSonArtemiy said:

Couldn't find a capture card with several VGA inputs. So my only solution is 4x cheapo VGA input-USB Output Capture cards?

Active VGA splitter ->VGA -> HDMI

@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked