So I got my first BSOD

I finally got my PC together and installed Windows 10 about a few days ago. The other day it locked up on me. Today I got a BSOD, the one that says your computer has encountered an error and says it will be reported to Microsoft or something like that and your PC will restart. 

Anyway I have been using Windows 10 for a while and have never seen a BSOD. My CPU is a R7 3700X and my motherboard is an ASUS x570 TUF Gaming Plus. Windows 10 is the Home Edition 64 bit. 

I haven't updated the BIOS yet. Will a BIOS update fix the BSOD issue? 

Just now, CuzinEd said:

I finally got my PC together and installed Windows 10 about a few days ago. The other day it locked up on me. Today I got a BSOD, the one that says your computer has encountered an error and says it will be reported to Microsoft or something like that and your PC will restart. 

Anyway I have been using Windows 10 for a while and have never seen a BSOD. My CPU is a R7 3700X and my motherboard is an ASUS x570 TUF Gaming Plus. Windows 10 is the Home Edition 64 bit. 

I haven't updated the BIOS yet. Will a BIOS update fix the BSOD issue? 

Update the BIOS, install the chipset drivers.

Just now, Kisai said:

Update the BIOS, install the chipset drivers.

I installed the chipset drivers a day or so ago after I installed Windows. I will do a BIOS update. 

Does the order matter? 

5 minutes ago, CuzinEd said:

I installed the chipset drivers a day or so ago after I installed Windows. I will do a BIOS update. 

Does the order matter? 

No, though it's ideal to install the chipset/raid/sata/m2 drivers before you install anything else. If you don't install the NVMe/m2/sata drivers with their F6 driver at Windows installation time, you will not have the driver available to do system restore later.

28 minutes ago, Kisai said:

No, though it's ideal to install the chipset/raid/sata/m2 drivers before you install anything else. If you don't install the NVMe/m2/sata drivers with their F6 driver at Windows installation time, you will not have the driver available to do system restore later.

I just did the BIOS update. The original was 1405. The update is 1407. I was worried the power would go out. lol