Dual channel memory issue. B2 slot.

Hi, I have just put together a 

Asrock b450m pro4

Asus rog strix radeon rtx 570

Ryzen 5 3600

Viper patriot ddr4 3200 16gb (2x8gb)

Corsair 450w bronze 80plus cv450 psu

Hardware installation went fine, however upon boot an issue popped up during boot pmu memory training dimm 0

Ram installed into a2 and b2 slots.

Only 8gb recognised by bios and windows, cpuz sees 16gb.

Only way I have found to fix it is use single channel a1 a2 to get 16gb recognised in windows/bios

I rechecked the cpu pins, all perfect, stock fan wasnt too tight.

Anyway I can check if this is cpu, mobo or ram?so I can send back the correct part to the distributor? Many thanks.

Ps

I have not touched the bios from stock however I did instal amd4 chipset driver package from amd website.

Swap the sticks around and see if both sticks work in a2. This will eliminate the RAM as problem source. For mobo vs CPU I dont know a solution other than replace the CPU/mobo

Yeah swapped them round and b2 was unrecognised still, both ram sticks work in a1 a2 as single channel

You want to try a different cpu. 

Do you have a local friend or perhaps a PC shop that could lend you a cpu to experiment with?

Kinda hard with the rona right now. Any diagnostic tools able to test the dimm slots?

You could try to run it in a1 b1 and see if dual channel works. This wont help diagnosing anything, but it might fix your problem for the moment

11 minutes ago, Payday said:

Kinda hard with the rona right now. Any diagnostic tools able to test the dimm slots?

Well not really. 

That's why you use a processor from a system that's known able to be running dual channel. 

If the other cpu can run dual channel, the IMC took a crap on your chip.

If the system continues the issue, the memory slots on the board are the issue.

And if you had to buy a "tool" to diagnose the board and it cost 75$, you could always just get a 200ge online for that price. I have one for diagnostics (originally purchased just to max OC) and it's really nice to have laying around because it also has integrated graphics in case I come across a gpu issue......

Other than that, it's either the cpu or mainboard.

Dang. Would the best bet be then shipping cpu and mobo back to the supplier if they have a "faulty" returns policy where they check and replace or reship back of not fault then i guess.