Ryzen 5 3600 Random BSODs and Resets

DoctorShepard

Hi everyone, brand new here so sorry if I format things wrong or am putting this in the wrong place.

So after many months of troubleshooting and RMAs, I am officially at a loss of what to do. Ever since I built this system last August I have had random BSODs and hard resets a few times a week at random use cases, middle of gaming as well as idle or just browsing the web. The BSODs have random bugcheck codes, never identifying an actual driver, always ntoskrnl.exe, and the hard resets that are interspersed always fail to create a minidump. I think I can recreate the crashes instead of waiting for days at a time by running driver verifier. The system always hard resets around 8 minutes into running with driver verifier turned on with random bugcheck codes in event viewer, again no dumps as it fails to create the dump files. Here's my system config:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
• Motherboard: MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge WiFi
• GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
• RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8) 3600 MHz C18
• CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Black
• PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+ 80+ Gold

• Hard Drive: Samsung PM961 512 GB nvme SSD

• No peripherals except for keyboard and mouse, which I have tried multiple of

And here is a list of troubleshooting and RMAs I already have tried:

• General driver debugging initially before realizing the bugcheck codes were random with no specific driver

• Tried running with no overclocks

• RAM memtest for 12 hours, 0 errors
• Tried another set of Corsair Vengeance LPX memory at 2133 MHz
• Tried RAM at both XMP and non-XMP
• Tried different GPU (GTX 660)
• Replaced SSD with new clean NVME SSD with brand new Windows install
• Replaced all power cables
• RMA'd CPU
• RMA'd Motherboard

• RMA'd PSU
• Tried earlier BIOS version
• Tried manual RAM timings

• Tried different power plans and various Windows settings

• Went out and got a Ryzen 3 3200G just to test with and without Nvidia GPUs. Same crashes in driver verifier but gets about 12 minutes in before crashing.

None of the other changes stopped the system from hard resetting around 8 minutes into running with driver verifier on. Which kinda baffles me since I pretty much have replaced the entire system at this point except for trying out a new brand of RAM sticks (which I have coming in Wednesday) or switching out the CPU cooler. I have no idea where to go from here, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Might be your windows installation media. 

redo the installtion.

Wipe the current USB drive and re-format.

Re-download Winders and put it on the USB bootable.

If it doesn't work, get a new same sized USB drive and try again.

This is my guess at the moment after carefully reading your post.

(edit: you have ram on the way, so didn't bother, but could be ram. I don't think so though)

Since you've replaced the CPU and Mobo, I think it's safe to say that neither of them are the issue, unless that specific CPU/Mobo combination has a problem with one another.  

Are ALL of your drivers and your BIOS up to date?  Windows, Chipset, everything. 

So I followed both suggestions above. I put windows on a new USB and cleanly installed it on the system. I then went through all Windows updates, installed the newest AMD chipset drivers, installed the newest Nvidia graphics drivers, made sure the BIOs was the latest version, and installed the Intel Wifi and Bluetooth drivers. Did not install any other programs. Restarted the machine with driver verifier and again it hard resets about 8 minutes in. Looking in event viewer for the exact crash event gives me this:

hard_reset.thumb.jpg.cb83a96871562eacea150c902c65aca2.jpg

I also noticed in event viewer these events before it crashes about the reset policy, not sure if that has anything to do with these issues:

user_mode_power.thumb.jpg.fb546cadb870d25263e47139b4061a83.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions guys, really appreciate any help I can get!

Edit: The new RAM came in early so I tried that out. They were brand new sticks of Gskill, and the system still crashes about 8 minutes into running with driver verifier. At this point I have replaced or RMA'd every part of the system, so I have no idea. I'm assuming it's some sort of BIOs or firmware issue, but not sure why it's only on my system.

Edit 2: So just to fully make sure it wasn't the motherboard's fault, I went out and swapped in an Asus Tuf x570 board. Crash still occurs around 8 minutes in to running with driver verifier. Beside it somehow being a firmware issue that somehow only affects my specific set of parts, I have no idea what to do.