Display for Xbox One X

Zepoc

Hey guys, I've been playing on the Xbox one X for a while now. My current display is a vizio 1080p 3D (lol) Wal-Mart special tv from over 10 years ago(I believe 12 years ago). Needless to say it is way past time to upgrade. I'm hoping to not break the bank on this. So I'm thinking 1440p is the way to go. Something I can get a great clear good looking gaming experience with. I sit at a desk when I game so smaller is just fine. I would like to be able to use some of the features this hardware has, but mostly i'm looking forward to the end of the year and sitting on this tv with the capabilities the Series X will bring would just be silly. I mean lets be honest not having upgraded up to this point is well a sad thing. I mean my tablet my school sent me to use for classes has a better panel than this tv. So any insight would be amazing. Thanks guys. 

Hardware unboxed has a bunch of videos reviewing 1440 monitors, most of which are 27". The Xbox One X can do 120hz at 1440, so I'd check out some high refresh panels. Also do some research on the panel types (TN, IPS, and VA) and the benefits and drawbacks of each. I personally use a VA panel but there's some natural motion blur that's kinda distracting, even at high refresh rates, but the blacks are great and so are the colors and viewing angle. If you aren't super picky about color accuracy and it's just you sitting directly in front of a monitor, I'd look at TN panels. They're typically the clearest when in motion, and for a bunch of xbox games I'd imagine that would be ideal. Good luck!