Strange problem with ethernet cutting speed on my PC

Azurusek
Go to solution Solved by Azurusek,
29 minutes ago, NuSigMu said:

This is a fun one. Its hard to troubleshoot the exact cause due to it being related to only specific sites and applications. From first glance it sounds like a routing issue. What websites are you experiencing the issues with? Can you run a tracert to one of them and see how many hops you get? What DNS provider are you using?

Problem has been solved. I will write what the reason was, I hope that if someone has this problem, he will find the answer in this forum, personally I found the only answer on the internet that proved to be completely satisfactory and it was the only one post on the Polish forum. This problem causes Windows 10 as I suspected. I have been looking for the problem for two months. Windows 10 QoS packages are to blame for this. To fix this problem, go to gpedit.msc in the search engine and then go to "Windows settings" and then right click on "Policy based QoS" and select "Advanced QoS settings" and then check the unchecked "Specify the level of TCP receiving rate" option, then you need to select the level of the maximum rate, i.e. level 3. After using this option, the speed tests immediately showed 500Mbps, and Origin began to download at speeds over 50MB / s. 

Fix.jpg

st.png

Hello everyone, I have a very strange problem and no one can help me with this problem. The only thing that helped with this problem was the reinstallation of Windows, but the problem returned after some time. How? The problem is that on a speedtest.net application my speed is cut in half from 500Mbps to slightly above 200. This is not an ISP problem, because I worked in this company myself, the parameters are perfect, on other speedtests even 515Mbps comes out, i.e. higher than it is in the contract. I noticed this problem with cutting off speed when downloading Nvidia drivers and downloading from Origin games, where after installing the system when downloading I had over 50MB / s, and now I have 15 ... On the phone testing the speedtests after Wi-Fi is fine, it comes to 400 -500Mbps, of course on speedtest.net where speed is cut to the same servers on the PC. To sum up, something blocks my speed up to 200Mbps on my computer, but not on all websites and services. As I said, I reinstalled Windows and it helped, but the problem returned. And I have no idea what it could be, that's why I'm writing here. I tried literally everything, the latest card drivers, wired connection, antivirus off, no viruses, Windows current, Intel I219V 1Gb / s network card. Please help, best regards.

This is a fun one. Its hard to troubleshoot the exact cause due to it being related to only specific sites and applications. From first glance it sounds like a routing issue. What websites are you experiencing the issues with? Can you run a tracert to one of them and see how many hops you get? What DNS provider are you using?

29 minutes ago, NuSigMu said:

Problem has been solved. I will write what the reason was, I hope that if someone has this problem, he will find the answer in this forum, personally I found the only answer on the internet that proved to be completely satisfactory and it was the only one post on the Polish forum. This problem causes Windows 10 as I suspected. I have been looking for the problem for two months. Windows 10 QoS packages are to blame for this. To fix this problem, go to gpedit.msc in the search engine and then go to "Windows settings" and then right click on "Policy based QoS" and select "Advanced QoS settings" and then check the unchecked "Specify the level of TCP receiving rate" option, then you need to select the level of the maximum rate, i.e. level 3. After using this option, the speed tests immediately showed 500Mbps, and Origin began to download at speeds over 50MB / s. 

Fix.jpg

st.png