Windows 10, Muting all but active application

Hi,

I've done a cursory search here and on the autohotkey forum (since autohotkey is the duct-tape of all things windows) but it did not yield any results, what I am looking for is a quick way to mute all applications except the active one.

I can do this manually of course in the windows volume mixer but I'd rather have a quick key toggle, a bonus feature would be to keep applications launched while the toggle is active to automute on launch and then when the toggle is disabled all applications is unmuted.

Anyone have any ideas or ready made solutions?

-Sindre

My guess: It would require some heavy Windows API shit, if such stuff in it even exists, which I don't think it does.

AHK is cool and all, but it's still macros-executing program. And such thing is doable only with alt-tabs if currently active window is in fullscreen mode.

Followed this topic in case I will be proven wrong (which would be cool, personally).

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

@Spakes The full feature set that I asked about would likely need heavy-duty API finagling, I am however hoping that the simple solution to just mute all but the active app would be possible, unmuting everything after is something I don't mind as much, or if a app that is launched after would either require the hotkey to be used again or just manually muted....