"Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time tasks"

Josh_12

Hi all!

So my computer seems to be having weird stuttering of some sorts. I have tried many, many things and it is still there. I ran the LatencyMon program and the WhySoSlow program and both had something to say about my system.

WhySoSlow: "Your kernel responsiveness is poor" 

LatencyMon: "Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer  underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in control panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates."

here are some images;Capture.PNG.87987ec95d984f0023ad527f0165b7c4.PNG

image.png.0bd7341c87b0979e516b61abc511a75d.png

Any thoughts on what is going on or how to potentially fix this would be great!

Ok, so first, please read this link here on the rules/suggestions before posting.

As a general reminder, please try to post all specs and what you've tried in the original help request post, please. It helps expedite the process and ensures we're asking the correct questions.

We can't assist until we have more details such as the above, especially in this case a better explanation of what you mean by weird stuttering. For example, is it just audio, video, system wide, etc?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

7 minutes ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

Ok, so first, please read this link here on the rules/suggestions before posting.

As a general reminder, please try to post all specs and what you've tried in the original help request post, please. It helps expedite the process and ensures we're asking the correct questions.

We can't assist until we have more details such as the above, especially in this case a better explanation of what you mean by weird stuttering. For example, is it just audio, video, system wide, etc?

Ah, gotcha. Apologies.

Here is my system;

MOBO: Gigabyte X570 gaming X (BIOS version F4)

GPU: Radeon RX 5700

SSD: Samsung EVO 860 1TB (main boot drive)

SSD (M.2 1TB): Crucial MX500

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: 4 x 8 GB DDR4 3600 

In-terms of the stuttering, which more feels like a frame drop in reality. It usually happens either when I am playing games (most noticeably in League of Legends) and can be seen system wide. Like when I am on on Google, it will feel smooth than when I close a tab or click a link, you can visually see that it lags in some nature. It doesn't do this every-time I close a tab or click a link but it almost feels like it is periodically. Like 1 minute of smoothness than lag, than another minute, than lag again. Only for like a second or 2, and than resumes being smooth. Similarly to league of legends, when I playing, with FPS in the 120-140 range, it feels smooth but than after a minute or so, it feels like the frames drop to like 30. Though they do not. 

I had an older system that had an Intel CPU and a NIVIDA GPU and noticed no lag at all when playing games or using the windows.

When I ran the WHySoSlow program, it did say something about my "Kernel Responsiveness", which I am not sure has anything to do with this mysterious lag or not. 

I have reset my BIOS and reinstalled Windows but the problem still is there.