Flickering green dot on monitor

DND
Go to solution Solved by DND,

Update: It seems that the green dot was just a stuck pixel after not opening my pc for day it seems that the stuck pixel was fixed. 

PS: I also used JscreenFix and UDPixel not sure though if it had any part on getting it fixed since I ran the app overnight to try and fix the stuck pixel but after I woke up the stuck pixel was still there.

My monitor is an Asus ROG PG248Q I just noticed that there was a flickering green dot on the monitor just today. Is there a possible fix to this? The green dot disappears when I move my mouse onto my 2nd screen but when I move it again onto the PG248Q display it comes back then disappears when I don't move the mouse.

60441554_833763813671571_5224505481367650304_n.jpg

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

That looks like a dead pixel in my opinion. Unfortunately nothing you can do as manufacturers will say it's just the nature of the technology. The only option is to buy a new monitor.

2 minutes ago, SenioRR said:

That looks like a dead pixel in my opinion. Unfortunately nothing you can do as manufacturers will say it's just the nature of the technology. The only option is to buy a new monitor.

If it's truly a dead pixel then damn. This monitor is already an RMA replacement and it hasn't been 2months yet. I also noticed it doesn't show up for all the time like when I put my chrome tab on the PG248Q and the background is solid black it doesn't show up but it does show up in my games.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

2 minutes ago, DND said:

If it's truly a dead pixel then damn. This monitor is already an RMA replacement and it hasn't been 2months yet. I also noticed it doesn't show up for all the time like when I put my chrome tab on the PG248Q and the background is solid black it doesn't show up but it does show up in my games.

Might be a "hot" pixel then. Stuck to one colour, so not noticed unless content is the opposite colour.

(IIRC I have one on this monitor and one on my last :P )

PS, manufacturer might be more forgiving if it is flickering, as that is annoying. So send them a tweet/email/etc.

1 minute ago, TechyBen said:

Might be a "hot" pixel then. Stuck to one colour, so not noticed unless content is the opposite colour.

(IIRC I have one on this monitor and one on my last :P )

Any possible fix for this? Or should i just suck it up and just live with it?

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, DND said:

Any possible fix for this? Or should i just suck it up and just live with it?

Not fixable. Need to contact the manufacturer.

Just now, TechyBen said:

Not fixable. Need to contact the manufacturer.

I see another RMA again feelsbadman.

Spoiler

Update: It seems that the green dot was just a stuck pixel after not opening my pc for day it seems that the stuck pixel was fixed. 

PS: I also used JscreenFix and UDPixel not sure though if it had any part on getting it fixed since I ran the app overnight to try and fix the stuck pixel but after I woke up the stuck pixel was still there.

Spoiler