6 pins and 8 pins to graphics card error message

So, this isn't my computer this is my boyfriends. last night he accidentally spilt his drink on his desk only a little of it actually touching his pc but it didn't get into his pc just the front so that was an easy cleanup. 

boyfriend left for work so I go ton his computer to play VR for a bit but before I could even make it to steam both of his monitors shut off and give me the "Please power down and connect the PCIe power cable for this graphics card" now I know a little bit about pcs. so correct me if I'm wrong. I just have no idea what happened plus I hadn't knocked into it to make the cables come undone. I'm just too scared to get in there and try and look at it.

The first thing to try is to open up the pc, and simply remove and reinsert(this process is called "re-seating") the cables, just to address what the error message is saying. Be careful when removing the cables, there is a little clip on the top you need to hold while removing them.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X