Web and API interface for editing database

Hey,

I'm trying to find a user-friendly web interface that would allow me to create and edit a database as well as being able to query the database through an API request.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ryan

What database engine are we talking about? phpmyadmin works great with MySQL for having a visual interface to work with, although I'd reccomend learning SQL for most things...

As for the API, a quick and easy way to do what you want would be creating a PHP script, that accepts SQL as a post parameter and executes it with a predefined connection string, although this would essentially expose your database to the world wide web, which is typically not desireable. Can you give us a bit more to work with? What are you trying to achieve exactly?

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

1 hour ago, myselfolli said:

What database engine are we talking about? phpmyadmin works great with MySQL for having a visual interface to work with, although I'd reccomend learning SQL for most things...

As for the API, a quick and easy way to do what you want would be creating a PHP script, that accepts SQL as a post parameter and executes it with a predefined connection string, although this would essentially expose your database to the world wide web, which is typically not desireable. Can you give us a bit more to work with? What are you trying to achieve exactly?

Hey,

I'm trying to host a database on my server and wish for a web interface to display the database as well as allow editing to the database. I also wish to be able to query the database through API requests.

I've seen certain CMS's that allow for this sort of functionality but not for databases and I'm trying to refrain from writing the majority of the web interface myself. The end goal is to be able to edit the database through both the web interface and through an app using an API.

Cheers,
Ryan

Spoiler
19 hours ago, Smiffy_ said:

Hey,

I'm trying to host a database on my server and wish for a web interface to display the database as well as allow editing to the database. I also wish to be able to query the database through API requests.

I've seen certain CMS's that allow for this sort of functionality but not for databases and I'm trying to refrain from writing the majority of the web interface myself. The end goal is to be able to edit the database through both the web interface and through an app using an API.

Cheers,
Ryan

Hey Ryan,

so once again - the database engine you're using (for example MySQL or Oracle) is kind of important for this. For MySQL people usually use phpmyadmin to do what you're trying to achieve.

Also I don't think you really understand how databases and SQL work - you don't need a web API to query or edit your database, that's what SQL is for. All you need is a language that has support for database interaction (which most do) and a database driver (think ODBC or similar options) and you're off to the races.

What language are you trying to create your app in? Java?

As I said - I really need a bit more info to be able to help you, feel free to DM me if you don't feel comfortable sharing more information publicly.

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably