Threadripper freezing during renders with Adobe Media Encoder

So I built a 1950x TR with the intention of it being able to handle pretty much anything I throw at it editing wise. I was having the same freezing issues a while back and someone on another forum said that I was having these issues due to my cpu being undervolted. So I upped it from 1.350v to 1.375v, which made no difference, so I pushed it to 1.40v and everything seemed to work fine. I recently have been taking on heavier work loads doing batch renders now and the freezing issues have started happening again. I know the easiest solution would be to just undo my OC, but I feel like I would be losing out on quite a bit of performance if I drop my cpu from 4.0 ghz down to stock 3.4 ghz. I also like to game on my PC from time to time and there is a noticeable difference at stock speeds. I use an EK Performance 360 water cooling loop so I have adequate cooling, temps never go above 60c even under full load so I don't think heat is the issue. I am wondering if pushing the voltage to 1.425v (according to AMD this is the safe max) is safe or should I be going at this a different way? I can also provide screenshots if needed, don't hesitate to ask! I would greatly appreciate any suggestions that I can test. Thank you for taking the time to read this! :)

9 hours ago, MrIceCremeLollipop said:

I dont know what to suggest, But 1.7V? Isnt that like way too high, Arent you not supposed to exeed like 1.4? 

That wass a typo that I have since fixed, thanks for pointing it out!

3 hours ago, JediRyan said:

That wass a typo that I have since fixed, thanks for pointing it out!

did you strest tested the cpu?

imo just drop your oc to 3.8

my current home setup:cpu:amd ryzen 2700 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo:gigabyte ab350-gaming 3 // ram:crosair vengance 8*4 // gpu:amd rx 5700 //

tower:antec p8 // psu:antec HCG 650w.

my current work setup: cpu:intel xeon x5675 // cpu cooler :generic 6 copper pipe // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram: 32GB ecc // gpu:amd r7 260x //                    

psu:antec 550w.

my current home server setup:cpu:intel xeon x5690 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram:crucial 8*2 // gpu:amd rx 580 //

tower:antec p110 silent // psu:antec HCG 850w.

I believe it has something to do with my memory settings as my OC is perfectly stable with only 32gbs of RAM. This all started when I upgraded to 64gbs of RAM. I know what you're thinking, I bought the EXACT same kit and tested it with memtest86 so I know the modules themselves are not the problem. Any suggestions as far as memory settings that I can tweak would be greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm happy to report that I have been able to successfully render over 20 videos without any issues!

I ended up dropping my OC to 3.9 GHz and got the RAM running at 2933 MHz. 

I'm AIDA64 Extreme stable and getting a CINEBENCH score of 3200, which I am very satisfied with. CINEBENCH Extreme score of 870 for those interested.

Thank you to everyone for their input to help me figure this out :)