Genius Speed Wheel 5 Pro drivers causing issues

Hello there,

Last week I've retrieved my old steering wheel from my mother's house. I never really was into racing games, but I wanted to give it a try. Unfortunately, the manufacturer no longer supports this device, and the last official drivers I was able to find are for Windows 7, which I tried installing anyway. Everything seemed to work fine at first, even a website for testing peripherals was able to detect it. However, every racing game I've tried so far just crashes right after I run it, as well as some non-racing ones and even some apps, for example, Steam, for as long as the steering wheel is plugged in. Is there any way to make it work without trying to download drivers from one of those sketchy websites and hoping that it won't completely mess my PC up? 

4 minutes ago, Methanol Ethanolovicz said:

Hello there,

Last week I've retrieved my old steering wheel from my mother's house. I never really was into racing games, but I wanted to give it a try. Unfortunately, the manufacturer no longer supports this device, and the last official drivers I was able to find are for Windows 7, which I tried installing anyway. Everything seemed to work fine at first, even a website for testing peripherals was able to detect it. However, every racing game I've tried so far just crashes right after I run it, as well as some non-racing ones and even some apps, for example, Steam, for as long as the steering wheel is plugged in. Is there any way to make it work without trying to download drivers from one of those sketchy websites and hoping that it won't completely mess my PC up? 

Do a search for the hardware id of the controller, see what you can find. Scan the files before you run them, or unpack them to install the drivers manually. If all else fails, sandbox it till you know its safe.

What kind of controller is it? a model number would help.

Edit:

Genius Speed Wheel 5 Pro

Man I can't read today.

5 minutes ago, Methanol Ethanolovicz said:

Wowie, it actually works! Thanks, man!

no problem, best of luck, and enjoy.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, samo problem. I have a genius speed wheel pro 5, installed the drivers and the game didn't crash but it freezes. Any idea? I tried running in win 7 compatibility, but same thing.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone have the drivers???? the site posted dont work anymore, please help me, i just bought the genius and crash all the time, cant use it  on windows 10