Gaming laptop yet again.

zandok

Hello,

I travel a lot for work, so I wanted to buy a gaming laptop that could potentially take over my desktop (AMD 8350 processor and GTX 970, so it shouldnt be that hard to beat). Wanted a laptop that could use an external GPU for if i ever want or need to upgrade the video card, so pretty much the thunderbolt port is a must on it, my budget is around 1100 to 1600ish tops. preferably with  i7 - 8750H and 15.6" screen

From my investigation so far I have. 

Omen Hp 15 - Either the gtx 1060 or the 1070 versions.

Dell G7 

MSI GS65 Stealth- with gtx 1060

I live in panama, most probably gonna buy from amazon and get it shipped here. 

Which laptop would you recommend me, from the list or your own opinion, or if you think i should wait instead.

Thanks!

No preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Really dont expect to play unplugged so battery life isnt that big of a deal. Right now I own a Lenovo Y510p which is 2,7 kg (5,95 lb). So hopefully less than this.

I advice you to get the MSI GS65 as it is of the best looking thin and light laptops out there sporting a great keyboard and screen. I wouldn't get it from Amazon though as the standard thermal paste which MSI applies causes the laptop to overheat and you just get one off the lot if you know what I mean that hasn't had proper quality tests and whatnot to ensure everything is working 100% and it doesn't overheat.

I recommend you get it from HIDevolution which are located in LA. They do some of the best thermal paste jobs to mitigate any heat issues. In the configurator of the laptop, you can choose "Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut + Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads" as those would mitigate any heat issues. They also offer a 0 dead pixel warranty and a no backlight bleeding protection for a small fee if you're OCD about these things like me.

Check their MSI GS65 Range here:

http://www.hidevolution.com/catalogsearch/result/?a=all&q=GS65+Stealth+THIN

Alternatively, if you look white color, check the MSI P65 Creators Edition, that's the exact same laptop as the GS65 but comes in white and has a Thunderbolt 3 port which the GS65 lacks:

http://www.hidevolution.com/msi-p65-creator-8rf-442.html

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

7 minutes ago, Ultra Male said:

I advice you to get the MSI GS65 as it is of the best looking thin and light laptops out there sporting a great keyboard and screen. I wouldn't get it from Amazon though as the standard thermal paste which MSI applies causes the laptop to overheat and you just get one off the lot if you know what I mean that hasn't had proper quality tests and whatnot to ensure everything is working 100% and it doesn't overheat.

I recommend you get it from HIDevolution which are located in LA. They do some of the best thermal paste jobs to mitigate any heat issues. In the configurator of the laptop, you can choose "Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut + Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads" as those would mitigate any heat issues. They also offer a 0 dead pixel warranty and a no backlight bleeding protection for a small fee if you're OCD about these things like me.

Check their MSI GS65 Range here:

http://www.hidevolution.com/catalogsearch/result/?a=all&q=GS65+Stealth+THIN

Alternatively, if you look white color, check the MSI P65 Creators Edition, that's the exact same laptop as the GS65 but comes in white and has a Thunderbolt 3 port which the GS65 lacks:

http://www.hidevolution.com/msi-p65-creator-8rf-442.html

A bit over the price range I was looking for. Really considering lowering it to 1300 USD tops. xD

39 minutes ago, zandok said:

Wanted a laptop that could use an external GPU for if i ever want or need to upgrade the video card, so pretty much the thunderbolt port is a must on it

any laptops with GTX1060 (non max q) shall be on par with a 970, so any version or upgrades above will be very decent

2 minutes ago, zandok said:

A bit over the price range I was looking for. Really considering lowering it to 1300 USD tops. xD

Then the best bang for the buck is this:

http://www.hidevolution.com/specials-1

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

Just looked at the RTX cards, maybe i will wait see what prices they go out with and if its a good idea to invest on one of those instead.

1 hour ago, zandok said:

RTX cards

If you can wait, why not?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128