I'm trying to overclocking my i7 6850k that I bought a while ago, and using OCCT to test it.
I'm trying to achieve 4.1Ghz (nothing exceptional reading what other people achieved)
as a cooling system I have a thermalright macho. (so air cooled) and my motherboard it's an MSI x99 carbon
temperature during OCCT are around 75/82 degree celsius, and I put a vCore of 1.230v
What I do not understand is the voltage values on OCCT, and it seems that if I lower or raise the voltage the temperature do not change much (I did some test with vcore= 1.240 and 1.250 and temperature were the same)
but what i see in OCCT is that the voltage value in the graph is higher at lower vcore voltage (in the screenshot vcore=1.23 and voltage on graph around 200 000 and in another case vcore=1.25 but graph shows around 159 000)
I have a couple of questions:
- what are all those value under CPU Vcore? (VIN1 AVCC 3VCC...etc.), tried googling it, but it didn't helped
- is there something else i should tweak on the bios to be sure that the system isn't raising some other voltage values to make sure the overclock is stable?
- are those temperatures acceptable? i hear everywhere that I should go under 70 degrees, but 70 degrees while playing, i mean during normal use, or 70 while stressing it with OCCT? when I see come overclocking guides/posts I read everywhere that people went up till vcore 1.35, which i guess my cpu will melt seeing those high temp at 1.25 (but maybe those temps are related of my questions above?)
- should i look at the average temperature which is around 75/78 or at the maximum temperature reached (in this case by core4 90 degrees) ?
- how much can I hope to lower those temps if i use a water cooling system (like the corsair H110i type of system: close loop already built) ?
If you need any other information I can provided it to you.
Much appreciate your answers
P.S. sorry for my English: it is not my primary language