Z170A KRAIT and sli

Going for a white and blue theme, and while initially have been eyeing the Z170A Krait. I read it struggles with sli, so I wanted to ask about that as I eventually want to run two 980tis. Would this be feasible. And if not, what would be a good alternative?

Struggles how exactly?

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

Going for a white and blue theme, and while initially have been eyeing the Z170A Krait. I read it struggles with sli, so I wanted to ask about that as I eventually want to run two 980tis. Would this be feasible. And if not, what would be a good alternative?

The "problem" with SLI is the location of the upper sata conectors, they get blocked when using the 2nd card. If you don't intend to ever use them, you'll be perfectly fine.

If you do, however, a dual GPU solution isn't advised. Also, I don't know why would you need 2x 980tis, but...

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!