MGSV - worth it?

Bloodyvalley

Is it still worth it to play the game even though I haven't played any of the previous MGS games?

Obviously I'm not going to buy it for the current price of $75 CAD but I'm just wondering if it's even worth my time playing, not considering the price tag

Thanks

It's mostly if you like the concept of the game, you don't really have to play older versions. Each person has it's own opinion.

Spoiler

Everyday build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960x - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X99 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Intel 750 Series 1.2TB + 4TB WD Black - Case: Corsair 760T White - PSU: SeaSonic 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Wireless Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E - Monitor: Acer XB270HU bprz - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB - Mouse(s): Corsair Gaming M65 RGB + Logitech MX Master - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WhyK99 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474247-r8-my-build/

Weekend build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930k - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 - Motherboard: ASUS X99-Deluxe - RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 & 2TB Samsung 850 Evo - Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv - PSU: SeaSonic SnowSilent 1050W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Home - Monitor: Dell S2716DG 144hz - Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB - Mouse: Corsair Gaming M65 RGB - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YYK93C

It's mostly if you like the concept of the game, you don't really have to play older versions. Each person has it's own opinion.

seems to me like a hitman game

Is it worth the bandwidth? Yes. Is it worth the price tag? No. Konami ain't getting any cash from me, since they sacked Kojima. Won't stop me from playing their games though. 

206696_1237519478912_full.jpg

Also, original MGS is still the best imo.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

kojima makes every metal gear game like its the first and the last
you dont need to play the other ones to understand whats going on