Router not connected to the internet on Windows 10

hoyamons

Just bought a usb wifi adapter, netgear n600, everything went smoothly but it did not connect to the internet, limited connection,

connected to the router but it didn't connect to the internet, i don't know if it's the problem of the system, the hardware or the software.

Are you sure you downloaded the driver for Windows 10?

What's the exact Model number?

Edited by kameshss

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Probably no drivers, i have been hearing about things like this before. Check their website for a win ten drivers or make windows look for them.

Are you sure you downloaded the driver for Windows 10?

it's a win 10 driver, but i'll check again

it's a win 10 driver, but i'll check again

Did you go through Windows Network Diagnostics?

What does it say?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

What does it say?

That shit did not fix anything, ever in the time-space continuum.

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

Yea, What does it say anyway?

What does it say?

404 not found... jk, it said there might be a problem with the driver for the wifi adapter, guess you sir are right, but i downloaded it from it's website and it said "(supports Win 10)".

404 not found... jk, it said there might be a problem with the driver for the wifi adapter, guess you sir are right, but i downloaded it from it's website and it said "(supports Win 10)".

:P

Tell me the model number of that USB WiFi adapter. I'll take a look. 

:P

Tell me the model number of that USB WiFi adapter. I'll take a look. 

n600 wifi usb adapter, model: WNDA3100v3

yea, it never does anything, but it just shows that microsoft has included something there to show hey look we have a problem fixer here pls don't hate and judge, it's kinda like the that paper clip thing in windows xp

n600 wifi usb adapter, model: WNDA3100v3

Okay. You downloaded this http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDA3100V3/WNDA3100v3_v1.0.0.10.zip I guess.

Uninstall that S/W and Try with manual installation.

yea, it never does anything, but it just shows that microsoft has included something there to show hey look we have a problem fixer here pls don't hate and judge, it's kinda like the that paper clip thing in windows xp

About that, It's just a basic tool. It worked for me several times. But it depends on what problem you are facing.

Okay. You downloaded this http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDA3100V3/WNDA3100v3_v1.0.0.10.zip I guess.

Uninstall that S/W and Try with manual installation.

About that, It's just a basic tool. It worked for me several times. But it depends on what problem you are facing.

oh i just found the solution! Installation Instructions:

1. NOTE:  After downloading, DO NOT RUN THE FILE YET.  Please proceed to Step 2.
  2. Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new software to a convenient place such as your desktop.

Download Link: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDA3100V3/WNDA3100v3_v1.0.0.10.zip

3. To properly install adapter software, please remove drivers that were previously installed. 

To uninstall, go to Start > Programs > NETGEAR WNDA3100v3 adapter > Uninstall NETGEAR WNDA3100v3 adapter .

4. Unplug theWNDA13100v3 adapter from your computer.
  5. Run the file you just downloaded and follow the on-screen install instructions.
  6. If you want to install the adapter drivers including the NETGEAR utility, run WNDA3100v3-v1.0.0.10.exe.  and follow the on-screen install instructions.
  7. If you want to install just the adapter drivers without the NETGEAR utility, run WNDA3100v3-v1.0.0.10-Standalone.exe.  and follow the on-screen install instructions.

oh i just found the solution! Installation Instructions:

1. NOTE:  After downloading, DO NOT RUN THE FILE YET.  Please proceed to Step 2.
  2. Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new software to a convenient place such as your desktop.

Download Link: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDA3100V3/WNDA3100v3_v1.0.0.10.zip

3. To properly install adapter software, please remove drivers that were previously installed. 

To uninstall, go to Start > Programs > NETGEAR WNDA3100v3 adapter > Uninstall NETGEAR WNDA3100v3 adapter .

4. Unplug theWNDA13100v3 adapter from your computer.
  5. Run the file you just downloaded and follow the on-screen install instructions.
  6. If you want to install the adapter drivers including the NETGEAR utility, run WNDA3100v3-v1.0.0.10.exe.  and follow the on-screen install instructions.
  7. If you want to install just the adapter drivers without the NETGEAR utility, run WNDA3100v3-v1.0.0.10-Standalone.exe.  and follow the on-screen install instructions.

Great!

It worked?

nope, of course not, still limited.

so let's troubleshoot this problem without assuming it's the drivers.

1. Is the IPv4 properties for the USB adaptor set to get both the IP addresses and the DNS server addresses automatically?
  2. Are you getting an IP address from your router when connected by the USB adaptor? (note: 169.254.x.x means that you are NOT getting an IP from the router, the computer is just making one up)
  3. If you are, can you ping the router?
  4. If you can, does the default gateway that you got by DHCP match the router's IP address?
  5. If it does, are you getting proper DNS server address(es) from the router by DHCP?
  6. If you are, can you ping your DNS servers?
  7. if you can, can you ping a website such as google.com?
  8. if you can, you are online and are experiencing a non-driver software issue.

I expect that you will fail this checklist somewhere near the beginning or middle, please let us know which steps worked, and where you didn't get the expected result, and show us the results of each step up to where it fails. Please also try these steps in Safe Mode With Networking to rule out (some) software conflicts.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

One thing I have found that has given me issues in the past with Windows is if the Network is set to Public, it will not connect to the internet. Change this to Home if it is. Just a thought.