Consistent freezing minutes after startup

Blobby1

First off, I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to pc's, bare with me please :)

Just the other day my pc (about a month old) started freezing. It first happened when I went to transfer some video files from the main SSD drive to the backup 1TB HHD. The pc froze and ctrl+alt+del did not do anything after trying for a few minutes, so I unplugged it. From then on the pc will only run a few minutes before becoming extremely slow or apparently not responding to commands at all. It happens no matter what I do, not just gaming related.

I tried a system restore from 4 days earlier (I did not make it, I guess it was an automatic thing?), no help. I hardly get on the internet and have only dl'd a few games, so it doesn't seem like a virus (but I can't get through a complete scan to tell anyway).

Specs are i5-4690k oc'd to 4.2 and not going over 60c now (but the original cooler was bad and temps hit 100 briefly before I noticed). Blower style GTX970 with small oc and temps highest of mid 70's. Windows 8.1 64bit installed on the ssd. Asus Z97-E mobo.

Thanks for any help.

start by resetting all your clock speeds back to factory. I repeat all clock speeds to factory.

then your gonna want to open up your run your command prompt as an admin and enter sfc /scannow