Airplanes and PC parts

horace528

This topic is a bit different, and I had no idea where to post it, so here goes. I am planning to purchase PC parts from the country I am in, and when I leave am planning to take them back by either by putting them in luggage and checking it, or just carrying them on the plane. I am already aware that PC parts should be fine to both carry-on and check-in luggage, but here are some questions:

1. What kind of PC parts are sturdy enough so that be okay to check in, and what PC parts are fragile so that I would need to carry ut with me on plane?

2. How would warranties work for the PC parts that I bring back? Can I get service for the PC parts and RMA them if they are DOA when I start building back home

home?

Here's my partlist if it helps: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FXpHTW

Thanks.

This topic is a bit different, and I had no idea where to post it, so here goes. I am planning to purchase PC parts from the country I am in, and when I leave am planning to take them back by either by putting them in luggage and checking it, or just carrying them on the plane. I am already aware that PC parts should be fine to both carry-on and check-in luggage, but here are some questions:

1. What kind of PC parts are sturdy enough so that be okay to check in, and what PC parts are fragile so that I would need to carry ut with me on plane?

2. How would warranties work for the PC parts that I bring back? Can I get service for the PC parts and RMA them if they are DOA when I start building back home

home?

Here's my partlist if it helps: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FXpHTW

Thanks.

Well, anything that is not carry-on i would pack really well, and yes, send only the most sturdy parts with check in. Mobo i would not consider extremely sturdy, as long as the cpu/and/heatsink is packed well and still in the box i guess they would be ok with check in... Would not count the fans as very sturdy, but if they are well packed i guess they would be ok, you must consider that the baggage handlers WILL throw your stuff around. The HDD SHOULD be a carry on, and anything packed in styrofoam (except the HDD) should be fine :P

I'd say HDDs and maybe the CPU if you're getting an OEM one are worth taking with you on board. Everything else is either not fragile (like RAM) or usually packed really good (like GPUs).

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Save the boxes and try to put as many as you can in them. If they survived shipping, they should survive your plane ride.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

I'd say HDDs and maybe the CPU if you're getting an OEM one are worth taking with you on board. Everything else is either not fragile (like RAM) or usually packed really good (like GPUs).

Yes and the HDD, that spinning disc should not take a hit :P