most important components for renderings/3dmodeling

What are the major components that can affect the performance of rendering/3dmodeling softwares such as maxwell?

From what I know these are the 3:

1. the CPU/processor. you basically would want to look for the best there is with most ghz and cores.

2. the Video Card. I heard Nvidia is a better work station video card.  and just get the best there is - well match it with the money that you got.

3. the memory. the memory is how much information it can run at once. if you're not opening a lot of softwares and are not rendering complex geometries in a high resolution. then you won't need lots of ram. i normally render about 5 images quite big with 300 dpi. while still using my photoshop and illustrator yet my RAM only hit about 17 GB (i have 32, just to be safe)

THE QUESTIONS:

1. about dual processor. is it worth it? i heard its not worth it if you're using it for gaming. how about rendering.

2. SLI / crossfire  vs.  a new better GHZ. -  So I have MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card, i was thinking to get another HD 7870 to do a crossfire. ($300)  But a friend of mine suggested me to get a new better Video card instead GTX980 ($600).

I know there there are 3 things to look at in a Video Card; memory size(MB), Core clock Speed (MHZ), memory clock speed (MHZ).

What i'm wondering is how does each of these 3 affects when i render. 

What software are you using for rendering and 3d modelling?

It depends.

Most of the time it's your CPU.It really helps to have hyper-threading.

But, sometimes, your GPU does some things as well. Sometimes it just assists the CPU, sometimes it takes the entire load itself.

Then again, it depends on the software on how it uses things. If it's just GPU-assisted rendering, and what GPU technology it uses(openCL, A.K.A. AMD, but Nvidia can use it as well, way slower though; or CUDA, Nvidia).Most of them use CUDA.

It depends on what software you use.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

What software are you using for rendering and 3d modelling?

It depends.

Most of the time it's your CPU.It really helps to have hyper-threading.

But, sometimes, your GPU does some things as well. Sometimes it just assists the CPU, sometimes it takes the entire load itself.

Then again, it depends on the software on how it uses things. If it's just GPU-assisted rendering, and what GPU technology it uses(openCL, A.K.A. AMD, but Nvidia can use it as well, way slower though; or CUDA, Nvidia).Most of them use CUDA.

I use MAXWELL and RHINOCEROS as my main rendering and 3d modeling. do you know anything about them?

Thanks for the info, I will look into it some more.

I use MAXWELL and RHINOCEROS as my main rendering and 3d modeling. do you know anything about them?

Thanks for the info, I will look into it some more.

Ah...not really.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.