Controlling my Yamaha RX-V740 with an Arduino

Hello

I have noticed on my amp that on the back there is a remote in and out jack.

I was wondering if there was a way to connect an arduino uno directly to this jack to control the power and volume of the amp as I am trying to translate a ps3 bluray remote amp codes to work with my amp but if I just re-emit via an led the signal doesnt get through properly as the ps3 remote is blinding the sensor on the amp. As I have the amp in the center of my setup I would prefer not to stick an led to the front of it as it would look horrible. Does anyone know the language and pin out of this jack that I might be able to try and attempt to use to control the most basic functions of the amp.

Thanks

post-985-0-49517100-1430129457.jpg

The Cake is a Lie...

The pin connections on the socket will just be a monaural 3.5mm jack plug. As for utilising it, I doubt there is any documentation published by Yamaha on how to use it. I'd have thought you'd need to use a scope to measure the pulses which trigger actions such as volume up or down.  

I'd be tempted, especially as the amplifier is an old one anyway, to open the lid, disassemble it so that you can access the IR receiver on the front panel, de-solder it and move it somewhere more suitable.

I wish I could offer more concrete advice, sorry.

I think you might be right when it comes to not much info about it. In the manual it says you can plug in a passive ir receiver to the jack which might be the way to go as I don't want to modify the amp.

The Cake is a Lie...